Tesla, Ford and GM stock prices

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Tesla closed at $125 today, Ford $11 , I might consider buying Tesla should it sink below $100 , believe the stock market is head lower in early 2023. Ford isn't doing great either. Below from NBC news:

But Tesla’s stock has dropped more than other larger automakers since Musk announced his plans to buy Twitter in Apr. 2022. Since that date, Tesla shares are down 59%, versus 26% for Ford and 12% for GM. The S&P 500 is down 14%.
Sponsored

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
I wouldn't buy Tesla stock even if it got all the way to $40, which it may. Their P/E is too high, they have less than half the cash on hand that Ford has, and Ford pays a dividend of over 5% at today's prices compared to $0 for Tesla.

Ford Credit alone pumps billions in profit to Ford and Ford has better quality and emerging electric vehicles to go with the infrastructure to support it.

Tesla has fallen a long way, but that doesn't mean it's now cheap... It just shows how overpriced it was to begin with. I'm not a buyer.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Tesla just started giving the biggest discounts on their models ever due to "waning demand". I'd buy defense contractor stocks before any autos, EV or otherwise.

OP
OP
dtech

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I wouldn't buy Tesla stock even if it got all the way to $40, which it may. Their P/E is too high, they have less than half the cash on hand that Ford has, and Ford pays a dividend of over 5% at today's prices compared to $0 for Tesla.

Ford Credit alone pumps billions in profit to Ford and Ford has better quality and emerging electric vehicles to go with the infrastructure to support it.

Tesla has fallen a long way, but that doesn't mean it's now cheap... It just shows how overpriced it was to begin with. I'm not a buyer.
interesting perspective, my post was a snippet from the nbc article but Tesla shareholders are unhappy with Elon Musk and believe his purchase of Twitter has negatively impacted Tesla. What will be interesting is Ford
Tesla just started giving the biggest discounts on their models ever due to "waning demand". I'd buy defense contractor stocks before any autos, EV or otherwise.
yeah they are selling more cars but discounting more and more, read vw evs outselling them in Europe, read an analyst report asserting that the cyber truck will boost profits but I'm not believing that. defense stocks are relatively pricey, I have several but not LM which I wish I owned . And uthunter mentions Ford with a dividend, Ford stock is cheap but company certainly not making a lot of money. I sold 50% of my portfolio in Dec 21, so waiting for a time to plunge back in but that will likely be later in 23.
Sponsored