Those of you with Tremors...

DangerRanger84

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
How do you like your Tremor leaf springs? I've got a Lariat FX4 and want a soft, smooth progressive rear leaf pack. Looking at Icons, APG and the Tremor packs. I don't haul a lot of weight (usually <500lbs on the rare occasion I do - truck is mostly a mountain bike hauler), and I never tow. I don't want to alter rear ride height, just want something less jarring. How are the Tremor leaf packs?
Sponsored

Last edited:

fob63

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
I'm not sure about the replies you'll get here.
Most folks here complain about the spongy soft ride on the FX4 setup from factory.
I myself have the FX4 and yes there is a bit of softness to the ride around curves and such.
Let's see what gets poseted here.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've had both and can tell you the Tremor is 100% better than the Fx4. Actually almost anything is better than the junk Fx4 and when I had my '19 I replaced them with Eibach all around. It was a night and day difference! I haven't been off road with my Tremor yet but just normal driving around I really like them. Way more push/smoother than even my Eibach. Both take away that rear end shutter where you feel the ass end is going to pass you.

I think if you want a better ride you could try changing out the rears first. Then if that's not enough for you change out the fronts or just go full bore and get all four and be done with it. I think for what you're looking for you can do all this without getting new springs. BTW I don't tow or haul anything really heavy either.

HippoTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Gray Ranger Tremor
How do you like your tea leaf springs? I've got a Lariat FX4 and want a soft, smooth progressive rear leaf pack. Looking at Icons, APG and the Tremor packs. I don't haul a lot of weight (usually <500lbs on the rare occasion I do - truck is mostly a mountain bike hauler), and I never tow. I don't want to alter rear ride height, just want something less jarring. How are the Tremor leaf packs?
I drove an FX4 before my Tremor and wouldn't have bought the truck in FX4 trim. The Tremor rides vastly better, night and day difference. Not sure if it's the leaf springs or the shocks, but it's a huge difference.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Never driven the FX4. But have 5K+ miles on my Tremor. And I have zero complaints with the ride. Very pleased with it. Smooth road. Rough road. Pot holes. Whatever. Very pleased with the ride.

Can it get a bit squirrelly in the ass end on washboard dirt roads? Yep. Has any truck I've ever owned done the same? Yep. All of them. So no real foul there. Live axles with leaf springs don't care for washboard surfaces.

Will also add, have overheard my wife telling people that the truck "is really comfortable on trips." So she's a fan! :like:

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I believe the Tremor is what one should expect by a suspension system where the components (spring/spring rate, shocks, tire ply/sidewall height) are designed to work together. I am impressed. I find it is a little “soft” when you get a bit of weight in the back. Not that it affects performance. I mostly notice the droop - that is to say that oncoming traffic notices my headlights a lot easier.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
I love the ride, and my Wifey even likes it, she named it the Silver Cloud!

LB

jtzako

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
I have the 2023 Tremor and really like how it rides compared to similar vehicles. For example, my brother's Tacoma ride is quite a bit stiffer and doesnt handle washboards well. The Tremor barely seems to bump when hitting washboards. (where I live its about a mile of dirt road to get to my house and it often has bumps/washboards)

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
You’ll get the best bang for the buck with just replacing the rear shocks. Slightly even better if you do all 4 corners, but rears alone ought to make you happy. I was fortunate to find some Tremor take off Fox shocks and they are so much better than the FX4 shocks I had on there before. Tremor wasn’t out yet when I bought my 2019, but the good news is if you have an FX4, they are easy and fairly inexpensive to fix. Fox, Eibach, and Bilstein are arguably the most popular, but people have also installed OME, Icons and Kings as well. like I said, I have the Tremor Fox shocks and Iove the “Tremor” ride on my FX4 truck. JMHO.

Joconnor

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tremor
Occupation
Insurance
Switched to a Tremor (from a Gladiator sport) back in 2022. Have to negotiate a series of speed bumps on the 1/4 mile approach to my office. The Tremor handles them infinitely better. If there are no pedestrians around I jat stay on the throttle. The front int suspension is amazing (I know you didn’t ask but just sayin) and the rear gives you some up and down (it has to be able to tow) but not jarring. Great all around.

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
I took my FX4 and made it a Tremor. I got a Tremor leaf pack take of from another member and put Eibach Pro Truck 2.0r (rear resi) all the way around with 265/70/17 KO2’s.
The new shocks in the rear did wonders but the truck is just what I wanted with the leafs. It still rides like a truck and you can’t change that but man if I were to do it again I would just buy a Tremor.
It may be tough to find the leafs but would imagine other progressives would be just as good.
Just make sure to change bump stops if you add thicker leaf pack. My last trip in the desert I was hitting them a lot and it sucks.

87TxAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Wildtrack, 23 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Living inside the loop of the 4th largest city in the US, I can tell you our roads absolutely SUCK! Most of the leveled F150s I’ve owned with Bilstein 5100s did ok.. My Mustang GT with 20” wheels was a nightmare. The wife’s Sasquatch Bronco rides like what it is. But, my Tremor eats the potholes, patches, etc. up!

I test drove a FX4 before ordering my Tremor. The ride was not good but, I told myself that because of the differences, it would be better. I even told the wife that if it rode like the FX4 when I test drive it upon delivery , I’m walking away. Thank goodness it didn’t.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
So in the US how many leafs are on the rear springs of the FX4? My mall crawler FX4 2WD has a 4 leaf pack. Seems to ride good.

OP
OP

DangerRanger84

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
So in the US how many leafs are on the rear springs of the FX4? My mall crawler FX4 2WD has a 4 leaf pack. Seems to ride good.
just 2, a main spring and an overload spring