For those of you doing your suspension lifts/levels yourself......this is for you.

OP
OP

Shaun Harlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zr2 Colorado
If this was for me,no I did not.
It only happened with one,but I could see because of the way they are made with a slot cut into them the length of the bolt,how it could,and did easily happen.....
It's odd for sure. I've never had one mess up on me. I'm not dismissing your example by any means...
Sponsored

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
It's odd for sure. I've never had one mess up on me. I'm not dismissing your example by any means...
Believe me,I was a little surprised,as it happened as I was removing the nut.Was barely backed off tight,and felt it start to gall....At that point,I just kept lubing it and working it off since I knew it was done....

Last edited:

ngarre2

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariet FX4
Does W720185-S439 come with 2 bolts or just one? The images show two but the description says bolt, not bolts.

MillerLite87

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have a 2wd so all I removed was the sway bar bolts, upper control arm bolt and that was it, it came out pretty easy with just help just getting the strut free.

Trigger311

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Just curious... is there any reason why we couldn't remove the one bolt that connects the LCA to the knuckle and then swing the LCA down towards the frame side? Would it not provide enough clearance to get the strut out?

Trigger311

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I'll crawl under my truck tomorrow to take a look. Haven't found any great images of the inside of the knuckle, but it looks like it there may be a clearance issue with the CV axle in place. Seems like it might still be possible though if you were to remove the retaining ring and separate the ball joint from the LCA so you didn't have to clear the bolt from the knuckle. Of course the complexity might get to the point where it makes sense to just go with one of the other methods...

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Dropping the LCA is waaaaaay easier than the other way around. Working as a mechanic by day.... you learn to step.back from a job for 15 minutes and think "How can I make this easier on myself."
Sponsored