Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
  • Banned
Wife took the truck to pick up kids from school.

Some jacktard in a POS slid into her. Hard to tell from pics but looks like a minimum of paint for bumper, valence, and trim above the bumper, with a new license plate bracket. We'll see when I wash the dirt/snow off.

Maybe I can get rid of the stupid silver for free now?

My truck.

Resized_20220106_154226(1).jpeg

Asshole's POS Kia.

Resized_20220106_154221.jpeg

Ranger did it's job well. Wife is perfectly fine, just shook up. Steel bumper FTW!

Funny thing is this POS is one of my wife's "clients." She's a collections investigator for our county court system. And this winner already owes thousands on back charges.

We'll see how much of a pain in the ass this claims process is. Betting I hate insurance even more when it's all said and done.

P.S. sorry for the misleading title, my attempt at humor.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

Some jacktard in a POS slid into her. Hard to tell from pics but looks like a minimum of paint for bumper, valence, and trim above the bumper, with a new license plate bracket. We'll see when I wash the dirt/snow off.

My truck.

Asshole's POS Kia.

Ranger did it's job well. Wife is perfectly fine, just shook up. Steel bumper FTW!

Funny thing is this POS is one of my wife's "clients." She's a collections investigator for our county court system. And this winner already owes thousands on back charges.

We'll see how much of a pain in the ass this claims process is. Betting I hate insurance even more when it's all said and done.

Glad your wife is ok!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry about your Ranger Doug. Hopefully the Kia lady has good insurance that covers this for you. This is why in the other thread I said I always carry more than I need because someone like this might not have enough. It sucks but today we need to insure ourselves against other bad drivers. Luckily it was only a fender bender.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
You would think that in Colorado people would be able to drive with a little snow on the road, the results of not having drivers training any longer (unless you pay for it). Glad it is minor and no one hurt, yep, dealing with the insurance is a PIA for sure.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
  • Banned
Sorry about your Ranger Doug. Hopefully the Kia lady has good insurance that covers this for you. This is why in the other thread I said I always carry more than I need because someone like this might not have enough. It sucks but today we need to insure ourselves against other bad drivers. Luckily it was only a fender bender.
Thanks Dave!

Uninsured motorist coverage is mandated in my state, we'll be fine. Although I'm betting that by the time I'm done with this I'll wish I could've just dealt with it myself, small claims or whatever.

By the way. KIA lady was a dude.

Look out for this winner if you're driving in Colorado.

Resized_20220106_154146.jpeg

You would think that in Colorado people would be able to drive with a little snow on the road, the results of not having drivers training any longer (unless you pay for it). Glad it is minor and no one hurt, yep, dealing with the insurance is a PIA for sure.
Right?!

Tires were bald AF.

He tried to tell my wife there was no damage as he handed her the license plate through the window. Apparently he went quite pale when she replied "I'm calling the cops, I work for the courts, I know how this works." He also said at some point, "I can't believe you didn't move."

Like I said, real winner.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase

My truck.

Asshole's POS Kia.

This doesn’t look like a fair fight. Glad your wife is ok.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
avoid the insurance hassle.
i'll give you $1200 canadian right now for it.
Think you could come up a bit? Or maybe trade for some Maple Syrup?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Thanks Dave!

Uninsured motorist coverage is mandated in my state, we'll be fine. Although I'm betting that by the time I'm done with this I'll wish I could've just dealt with it myself, small claims or whatever.

By the way. KIA lady was a dude.

Look out for this winner if you're driving in Colorado.

Resized_20220106_154146.jpeg

Right?!

Tires were bald AF.

He tried to tell my wife there was no damage as he handed her the license plate through the window. Apparently he went quite pale when she replied "I'm calling the cops, I work for the courts, I know how this works." He also said at some point, "I can't believe you didn't move."

Like I said, real winner.

I would contact his insurance then your insurance and let them know because it sounds like he may tell his insurance it's your fault.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I would contact his insurance then your insurance and let them know because it sounds like he may tell his insurance it's your fault.
Filed with my insurance. They can contact his. That's what I pay them for.

Cops were called, douchebag got a careless driving ticket, and everything was documented. We left no room for a "he said, she said," been there, done that.

Worse case, his insurance is invalid. At that point our uninsured motorist coverage will kick in. But I'm sure that'll have it's own pitfalls.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
It is probably not totaled

Now parts availability is another thing entirely though...
And there are no aftermarket bumpers I like!?

I really don't think anything, except maybe the valence will have to be replaced.

Paint matching the WPM above the bumper will be a chore though.