Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it might deter the opportunists for sure. As for me, I'm going to tint my windows soon. If someone wants to break in badly enough, they will succeed. But I will be more conscious of what I leave in plain sight, and make it harder for them to see though the windows. I also bought a usb motion sensor alarm, I activate it anytime I'm in a public parking lot.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JKJXQ7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

51ww7Y-RKbS._AC_SL1394_.jpg

Because apparently a $15 black backpack is enough to entice someone to break into a new vehicle in broad daylight.
Looks pretty good although it's only got 3 1/2 star rating. Maybe there's something similar that works better?
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Maybe a James Bond style car alarm?

fyeo.gif

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Wow that sux...I worry when my trucks has to sit out over night when traveling...hopefully the opportunist might notice this little warning...or get confused whether this is some fed's vehicle with all those doodads inside and decide to move on...the dashcam better work as advertised...?

IMG_7432.JPG
So if I break glass, the least I'll get is your dash cam? Where do you park? lol

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that sux...I worry when my trucks has to sit out over night when traveling...hopefully the opportunist might notice this little warning...or get confused whether this is some fed's vehicle with all those doodads inside and decide to move on...the dashcam better work as advertised...?

IMG_7432.JPG
Blackvue 2CH DR750 LTE. $10 a month for a prepaid T-Mobile data only card. I have the sensitivity set very high for parking mode and it sends an instant message and video when it alerts. I get it every time I get in and close the truck door. Get a power magic pro connected to and you can set it to turn off after X amount of hours or when the battery level gets below whatever voltage you said that. I highly recommend blackboxmycar.com for sales and service. I buy from them on Amazon and their customer support is 1000 on a scale of 1 to 10. They have great videos on YouTube.. When somebody gets tailgating my wife's little Honda, they can see them blinking light and the dash cam in the rearview mirror and it's funny because they always back off just from that alone. I love the signage and I think I'm gonna put a smaller version on mine because with that limo tint on mine you can't see it in my truck.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So if I break glass, the least I'll get is your dash cam? Where do you park? lol
Smile you're on camera
Video uploaded instantly to the cloud

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear, the world is getting crazier by the minute now! Next time I would leave your backpack loaded with razor wire and another Snickers on the top, when they steal it they're get a nice sharp surprise. Nothing satisfies more than a Snickers. ?
An exploding feces container. Hopefully they jump into their car first. I've seen things like that on YouTube for porch Pirates.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it was a joke.

For discussion sake, thank goodness for covid masks and approaching from the side.
Two sets of cameras needed, one for front and back and one for side to side. I thought of that very thing what you're saying. It's like locks are only meant to keep the honest thieves out, for whatever that means but it's what I've heard all my life. In other words, if they want in, they will get in.

Last edited:

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
The Spineless legal system that refuses to hold scumbags accountable is why thieves are getting bolder. They all need to eat a bullet.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Blackvue 2CH DR750 LTE. $10 a month for a prepaid T-Mobile data only card. I have the sensitivity set very high for parking mode and it sends an instant message and video when it alerts. I get it every time I get in and close the truck door. Get a power magic pro connected to and you can set it to turn off after X amount of hours or when the battery level gets below whatever voltage you said that. I highly recommend blackboxmycar.com for sales and service. I buy from them on Amazon and their customer support is 1000 on a scale of 1 to 10. They have great videos on YouTube.. When somebody gets tailgating my wife's little Honda, they can see them blinking light and the dash cam in the rearview mirror and it's funny because they always back off just from that alone. I love the signage and I think I'm gonna put a smaller version on mine because with that limo tint on mine you can't see it in my truck.
That's all fine and dandy but a friend has his new Tundra broken into right under a security camera and it did not help at all . The thief wore a hat and a bandana that covered his face and the police just said they really could not do anything .

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
No need to be paranoid, just use a little common sense. Leaving a backup in plan view is no different than a women leaving her purse in the front seat. I don't leave anything in my truck in plain view.
Yeah, windows are a bit more tinted in the back. Would have been a better place for a backpack!

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
People are knuckleheads. They have no respect for anyone or anything. And they know if by chance they happen to get caught, these feel sorry prosecutors and judges won't do anything to them.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I am sorry to hear that. Last weekend, while sitting at lunch, I realized I left my camera and bag in the back seat. You better believe I hucked my fat ass the 4000 miles (ok, like 1 mile) to my truck (parking was a nightmare) to get it.

the dashcam better work as advertised...?
If you've ever watched the guy on YouTube who does the porch Pirate surprise packages, he started this because he submitted the video of the thief stealing his package and they told him that they would not be able to arrest the guy because of the video. Sadly, we live in a society where there is no repercussions for your actions (if you're a scumbag. If you are a law abiding citizen, you are responsible for the actions of the scumbags...) [/soapbox]

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
If you've ever watched the guy on YouTube who does the porch Pirate surprise packages, he started this because he submitted the video of the thief stealing his package and they told him that they would not be able to arrest the guy because of the video.
I think you are talking about Mark Rober, a former NASA engineer who has become a YouTube sensation. He did a "Glitter Bomb 2.0" recently and has been successful in working with authorities to catch some porch pirates.

There are still a LOT of good people in this world....
Sponsored