Getting Better & Better!

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman, 1981 Porsch Slantnose (550hp), 1980 BMW 528i (750hp)
Thought I'd post a mileage/general update on my 2019 Ranger XLT with almost 70k miles. Nothing new lol I have not had one single issue, other than changing out the tires with stock tires, the truck still drives like the first day I got it with not the slightest hiccup. Only other thing I've had to replace was my driver's window but that was totally my fault. And the mileage, oh, the mileage keeps getting better and better! I consider my driving style normal maybe a bit passive aggressive, sometimes a bit impatience. So I'm not babying it! I drive mostly the city with a population of 1.5 million people, so the roads are VERY stop and go. I also take it off-road 2-3 times weekly, miles and miles out on the Everglades levees. Yet I still chalk up the average mpg below. Can't say enough about the durability of this truck! Hope it encourages others!

miles.jpg
Sponsored

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
That's very good and encouraging news sir ! It took me 10 years to put 70 thousand on my old truck , but I expect that won't be the case this time , I drive this truck every chance I get , I would pick something else with last truck , usually wifeys car while she slept...

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Great to hear about your good experience! I have had an excellent overall experience with my Ranger, mechanical, performance, dependability, accessories, etc. Am somewhat disappointed with the mpg's but can live with it because I'm getting within the EPA estimate for standard pickup trucks.

Took a 265-mile round trip drive last week from our city to Taos, NM with an elevation increase of about 655 ft. Approximately 140 miles of freeway driving which was clear and unobstructed. But beyond that, have never driven through so much road construction with lots of slowdowns. Some climbing and winding roads with tight corners. I was impressed by how the truck hung to the road with a solid feel for control and a smooth ride. Vibration free. Handled like a larger vehicle with a wider stance. Power to spare. What a pleasure to drive even with too much road noise! :like:

Last edited:
OP
OP

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman, 1981 Porsch Slantnose (550hp), 1980 BMW 528i (750hp)
Great to hear about your good experience! I have had an excellent overall experience with my Ranger, mechanical, performance, dependability, etc. Am somewhat disappointed with the mpg's but can live with it because I'm getting within the EPA estimate for standard pickup trucks.

Took a 265-mile round trip drive last week from Albuquerque to Taos, NM with an elevation increase of about 655 ft. Approximately 140 miles of freeway driving which was clear and unobstructed. But beyond that, have never driven through so much road construction with lots of slowdowns. Some climbing and winding roads with tight corners. I was impressed by how the truck hung to the road with a solid feel for control and a smooth ride. Handled like a larger vehicle with a wider stance. Power to spare. What a pleasure to drive even with too much road noise! :like:

I'm in south Florida, so maybe that has a lot to do with my high mpg. I've often wondered why so many others on here are in the low 20's lol because even if I drive in sport mode every single day, I cannot get the mpg to go down much....good problem to have, I guess lol

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
Thought I'd post a mileage/general update on my 2019 Ranger XLT with almost 70k miles. Nothing new lol I have not had one single issue, other than changing out the tires with stock tires, the truck still drives like the first day I got it with not the slightest hiccup. Only other thing I've had to replace was my driver's window but that was totally my fault. And the mileage, oh, the mileage keeps getting better and better! I consider my driving style normal maybe a bit passive aggressive, sometimes a bit impatience. So I'm not babying it! I drive mostly the city with a population of 1.5 million people, so the roads are VERY stop and go. I also take it off-road 2-3 times weekly, miles and miles out on the Everglades levees. Yet I still chalk up the average mpg below. Can't say enough about the durability of this truck! Hope it encourages others!

miles.jpg
Glad to hear you are happy. Where do you recommend going off road in South FL?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
ive noticed a slight uptick in my mpg lately. no where near that 27 lol. maybe its just the seasonal gas blends or maybe i finally lost a few pounds ...

BWiens21

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
How on earth are you getting 27!? I’m sitting closer to 17 ugh..

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired

miles.jpg
What percentage is highway and city driving to get that high MPG??????

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I can get 19.5mpg average mixed driving with my F150, so I suppose it's possible to get mid/high 20's in a ranger.

OP
OP

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something doesn't jive.
What doesn't "jive"? Look at the digital display that I posted...... it is what it is, don't know how one would alter one of those. Seems to be working perfectly, too. My wallet is happy, too. Maybe it's all one big illusion lol
Sponsored