Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
This happened in broad daylight.

Stole my backpack from the front seat, it was empty. Maybe a pocket hand sanitizer in there, and a snickers bar.

Alarm did not go off.

Stay vigilant, friends.

57B491BA-18E0-4DC3-B792-4828C1EC6596.jpeg

860A1D8F-3C3C-4B62-BC5C-BE47C9558EC8.jpeg

99BA3877-061F-4123-B4B9-BBE88719B976.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
HDA

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
Everything has been taken cared of. This happened about a month ago and my insurance covered and replaced everything. Like it never even happened. I'm still a bit paranoid though whenever I park in public setting.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
All that for a backpack huh. Jeez. :angry:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Yup, this morning my truck was peeked at underneath by a stranger for the CAT. Too bad I have a skid plate and the cat is connected to the turbo.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Everything has been taken cared of. This happened about a month ago and my insurance covered and replaced everything. Like it never even happened. I'm still a bit paranoid though whenever I park in public setting.
No need to be paranoid, just use a little common sense. Leaving a backup in plan view is no different than a women leaving her purse in the front seat. I don't leave anything in my truck in plain view.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry to hear, the world is getting crazier by the minute now! Next time I would leave your backpack loaded with razor wire and another Snickers on the top, when they steal it they're get a nice sharp surprise. Nothing satisfies more than a Snickers. ?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that sux...I worry when my trucks has to sit out over night when traveling...hopefully the opportunist might notice this little warning...or get confused whether this is some fed's vehicle with all those doodads inside and decide to move on...the dashcam better work as advertised...?

IMG_7432.JPG

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
Wow that sux...I worry when my trucks has to sit out over night when traveling...hopefully the opportunist might notice this little warning...or get confused whether this is some fed's vehicle with all those doodads inside and decide to move on...the dashcam better work as advertised...?

IMG_7432.JPG
Just hope they can READ!!!

OP
OP
HDA

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
Wow that sux...I worry when my trucks has to sit out over night when traveling...hopefully the opportunist might notice this little warning...or get confused whether this is some fed's vehicle with all those doodads inside and decide to move on...hopefully the dashcam works as advertised...?
Yeah, it might deter the opportunists for sure. As for me, I'm going to tint my windows soon. If someone wants to break in badly enough, they will succeed. But I will be more conscious of what I leave in plain sight, and make it harder for them to see though the windows. I also bought a usb motion sensor alarm, I activate it anytime I'm in a public parking lot.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JKJXQ7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

51ww7Y-RKbS._AC_SL1394_.jpg

Because apparently a $15 black backpack is enough to entice someone to break into a new vehicle in broad daylight.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This happened in broad daylight.

Stole my backpack from the front seat, it was empty. Maybe a pocket hand sanitizer in there, and a snickers bar.

Alarm did not go off.

Stay vigilant, friends.

57B491BA-18E0-4DC3-B792-4828C1EC6596.jpeg

860A1D8F-3C3C-4B62-BC5C-BE47C9558EC8.jpeg

99BA3877-061F-4123-B4B9-BBE88719B976.jpeg
I'm always on my wife not to leave anything visible in the window that might be misconstrued as having valuables in it. Sometimes she likes to take an extra purse and switch purses and I tell her she has the hide the empty purse for this very reason! Also if you're close enough to your house or your apartment, leave a motion sensor in there that connects to your alarm system and it will set off the alarm. A wireless camera that alerts to motion is another option. Maybe even Alexa in there. Whenever I'm watching a movie and glass breaks, my Alexa device near the TV alerts me by phone that there was glass breakage and asks me if it was an emergency.
So sorry this happened to you what's a shame either neighborhood teenagers looking for something or some crackhead looking for something. No respect.
Executions and cutting off the hands and what not used to be a public displays to discourage this stuff. They used to have mental institutions for people that really needed it but,… I won't go there.
Sponsored