Threads
Reaction score
Website
autio.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
@Autio Travel App by Kevin Costner
Unfortunately many areas refuse to prosecute many crimes. California is the worst (from what I've read). Store employees have to stand by an watch shoplifters walk out with stuff. I hear SF won't prosecute anything under $950 in theft. To one political party property crimes are committed by "victims of society" an what ever they take from their oppressors is fair (reparations). In recent years an effort has been made to put activists into office as prosecutors for this reason. National money into local races. The "sanctuary city" policy of refusing to turn illegals that commit crimes over for deportation hasn't helped either.

If you're in California an what I've been reading is wrong please let me know. I know the media can make things sound worse than they are. I just read today about the number of companies moving to Texas from CA. It wasn't just one reason but a combination of taxes, cost of living making wages expensive, regulations being hard to comply with, cost of land to build an expand.
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT LANG!
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
As long was the supreme court stays in favor of one party, it will stand as a limiting factor. For now it's the last line of defense. I think the mid-term elections will balance the power somewhat. I hope so anyway.
First of all the Supreme Court isn't always right (see Dred Scott). I am hopeful the midterms restore some balance. As of now one or two senators are holding back one party rule forever. If they abolish the filibuster they will add 4 leftist supreme court members an complete the politicization of the court, make DC an PR states adding 4 hard left senators, an making loosely vote by mail the norm so people willing to cheat have the advantage. Right now it's just trying to limit the damage until the midterms hopefully puts the brakes on this insanity.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nice attempt at misdirection in order to gaslight. Good job.
Thank You! :rolleyes:

Besides you're in Germany so why not worry about your own messed up country. We have the 2nd Amendment here for a reason.

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Thank You! :rolleyes:

Besides you're in Germany so why not worry about your own messed up country. We have the 2nd Amendment here for a reason.
Dave, I believe Rob said he is a Texan. Rob, sorry, I don't recall or know if you stated why you are in Germany.

Let's remember that we all have different opinions, backgrounds, and experiences. We may not agree on everything...but the one thing that unites us is trying to make our Rangers as bad ass as possible and helping others do the same :rockon:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
If one wants to call 911 and lock themselves in their bedroom, good luck with that. Having a shoot out after they break into your confined room would be messy especially since you have no where else to go/hide/barricade...but to each their own...according to our CCW law in my state, it is legal (but not wise) to shoot through my front door from inside my home to prevent intrusion...castle doctrine...

OP
OP
HDA

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
Has anyone here actually been in a shoot out at home with home invaders? or are all these scenarios simply hypotheticals?

In my opinion it's smart and vital to be prepared for the worse. To have a plan that everyone in the household is aware of, in case someone does break into your home. But the chances of hitmen coming into your home armed to the teeth to steal your samsung tv are very slim, in our country. There are neighborhoods that are more dangerous than others, sure, which is why every citizen has the right to do their due diligence to be aware and to be ready for the possible dangers that surround them.

I've read many opinions on these threads and the fact is everyone has had a different experience and live in different situations, do what's best for you and don't be so hasty as to ignore or shun the recommendations of others.

Anyway, I think most crooks are looking for easy pickings, they aren't looking to risk their necks so easily.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Has anyone here actually been in a shoot out at home with home invaders? or are all these scenarios simply hypotheticals?

In my opinion it's smart and vital to be prepared for the worse. To have a plan that everyone in the household is aware of, in case someone does break into your home. But the chances of hitmen coming into your home armed to the teeth to steal your samsung tv are very slim, in our country. There are neighborhoods that are more dangerous than others, sure, which is why every citizen has the right to do their due diligence to be aware and to be ready for the possible dangers that surround them.

I've read many opinions on these threads and the fact is everyone has had a different experience and live in different situations, do what's best for you and don't be so hasty as to ignore or shun the recommendations of others.

Anyway, I think most crooks are looking for easy pickings, they aren't looking to risk their necks so easily.
Just about everyone I know here carries or at least has a weapon in their home. This includes many of my customers some who are in their 70's. I've never known one to have been in a shootout or even having to draw on someone. Most CCW holders are not the problem, it's the media who wants you to think they are.

Unless you're the idiot who goes out and brags about the valuable stuff you have in your house, most break ins are usually tweeters looking for a quick grab and go. An alarm sign and cameras usually deter them to go on to the next house.

I've always said "I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". Not everyone is comfortable around firearms and that's ok but don't lecture those who are and want to protect ourselves and our families.

Boy this got way off topic from a truck getting broke into. lol

OP
OP
HDA

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
Boy this got way off topic from a truck getting broke into. lol

Well not derail it even further but at least we are talking about it, having a conversation about the topic. On TV and on social media all you hear is biased opinions from corporations and media conglomerates. I rather listen and learn from you fine folk than to pay attention to those greedy bastards.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
These type of discussions on internet car forums never go well. Everyone has their opinions and trying to have a "conversation" about gun laws doesn't bring out the best in people.

But, since we're on the subject... I used to bowl with a guy on a bowling league several years ago. He had a CCL and always talked guns. It was his favorite hobby and he went to the range on a regular basis. The guns were to protect his family, and I respected his right. I didn't live in his neighborhood, so I didn't know what his risks were. As it turned out, he was his biggest risk. LINK

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
These type of discussions on internet car forums never go well. Everyone has their opinions and trying to have a "conversation" about gun laws doesn't bring out the best in people.

But, since we're on the subject... I used to bowl with a guy on a bowling league several years ago. He had a CCL and always talked guns. It was his favorite hobby and he went to the range on a regular basis. The guns were to protect his family, and I respected his right. I didn't live in his neighborhood, so I didn't know what his risks were. As it turned out, he was his biggest risk. LINK
Then there are those who have a big ego and think they're Clint Eastwood like this clown. From the sound of it he was just looking for an excuse to use his gun where most of us do everything possible NOT to. Sadly these are the ones who give responsible gun owners a bad name. There are bad apples in every bunch.

ranger4x

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 301a
Then there are those who have a big ego and think they're Clint Eastwood like this clown. From the sound of it he was just looking for an excuse to use his gun where most of us do everything possible NOT to. Sadly these are the ones who give responsible gun owners a bad name. There are bad apples in every bunch.
Definitely agree. I'd wager that 99% of gun owners would do everything in our power NOT to have to pull the trigger on another human, even if they are a criminal scumbag. Then there is this idiot who's itching for it. 1st Degree seems properly charged for a zealous idiot.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Not a home invasion and not while on the job (those shootings are a topic for another day), but a shooting at home none the less. Let's just say the bad guys got the short end of the stick in the middle of the night while I was exercising my right to defend myself, property, and prevent my death. Somehow they are alive to tell the tale albeit with some permanent disabilities. Not a fun time in my life and would never want to go through that again by choice, but I'm still here despite their best efforts to make that not the case. I would not hesitate to do the same again to protect my life but I would rather not if possible. The shooting was deemed 100% justified and the bad guys got charged and indicted for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon.

Last edited:

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I think this is how this thread kind of got off topic. There are some that say things like, "If I see someone breaking into my vehicle I'm going to grab my gun and show them," or something along those lines. That's the wrong response in my opinion and kind of gives gun owners a bad name when they say stuff like that. I carry and in that situation I would call 911 and report an active theft. In no way would I go out and challenge the person(s) with my firearm over a vehicle break in. It's just not worth it and whatever they did to my vehicle insurance will cover. Even with the deductible that's a lot cheaper than legal fees.

Now if the criminals then forced their way in my house. That's a whole different story. At that point my safety is threatened.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think this is how this thread kind of got off topic. There are some that say things like, "If I see someone breaking into my vehicle I'm going to grab my gun and show them," or something along those lines. That's the wrong response in my opinion and kind of gives gun owners a bad name when they say stuff like that. I carry and in that situation I would call 911 and report an active theft. In no way would I go out and challenge the person(s) with my firearm over a vehicle break in. It's just not worth it and whatever they did to my vehicle insurance will cover. Even with the deductible that's a lot cheaper than legal fees.

Now if the criminals then forced their way in my house. That's a whole different story.
Exactly right! It's a truck and a broken window, no ones threatening my life. It's not worth getting dragged through the wringer over something like this. I always carry pepper spray so in this case I would just blast them and call 911 while they're on the ground crying. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly right! It's a truck and a broken window, no ones threatening my life. It's not worth getting dragged through the wringer over something like this. I always carry pepper spray so in this case I would just blast them and call 911 while they're on the ground crying. ?
I just fill my cab up with snakes, never had any problems...but does take awhile to get ready togo some place...
1634668470159.png
Sponsored