Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Catch em breaking into your truck? Paintball gun on full auto...
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Had this happen to me a few years back on another vehicle. I'm still finding nuggets of safety glass here and there.

Devil6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank You! :rolleyes:

Besides you're in Germany so why not worry about your own messed up country. We have the 2nd Amendment here for a reason.
As Dapakattack, I’m an American who lives in Europe, specifically Germany.
I acknowledge you continue to discredit the comment I made by attacking me. What’s that called?

Regardless, as an American, I use and respect others’ Constitutional rights, in this case, specifically the 2nd Ammendment. But, also in Europe, I have access to weapons that, if necessary, I can use just like I would in Texas and can be used for self defense as well, observing EU laws, so you can shove your arrogant and ignorant beliefs.

But, to say or defend the argument that you will kill someone for entering your house is irresponsible. That is how you kill an innocent person who made a mistake, someone who is lost, confused, being a kid (probably just like you were), or needs help. If you are threatened, you don’t go hunting for your target, that makes you a murderer, even in your own castle.
If you are threatened, the scenario I described allows you to defend what is truly is important and, is your “stay out of prison” card.

Last edited:

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I acknowledge you continue to discredit the comment I made by attacking me. What’s that called?

Regardless, as an American, I use and respect others’ Constitutional rights, in this case, specifically the 2nd Ammendment. But, also in Europe, I have access to weapons that, if necessary, I can use just like I would in Texas and can be used for self defense as well, observing EU laws, so you can shove your arrogant and ignorant beliefs.

But, to say or defend the argument that you will kill someone for entering your house is irresponsible. That is how you kill an innocent person who made a mistake, someone who is lost, confused, being a kid (probably just like you were), or needs help. If you are threatened, you don’t go hunting for your target, that makes you a murderer, even in your own castle.
If you are threatened, the scenario I described allows you to defend what is truly is important and, is your “stay out of prison” card.
I think we all have different scenarios, a responsible person will not breaking to your house regardless if they lost or kids, my scenario was 2am the ass hole was coming in through window, what do you think he wanted to do? I was awaken by noise he just made and happen to look downstairs and saw him slowly dis assemble my old window. This asshole was able to disassemble a lock window at 2am, he is not lost and definitely not friendly. He almost meet the maker, I was ready to arranged the meeting for him. But with my Christian belief I gave him a warning and that warning scared the shit out of him. If I didn't have a firearm and he does he probably took me out first. I could tell from the way he was breaking in that he is not a regular dude and he has done this before. This is one reason I have firearms. But I could have use a knife or swords and will have same affect as a firearms.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
As long was the supreme court stays in favor of one party, it will stand as a limiting factor. For now it's the last line of defense. I think the mid-term elections will balance the power somewhat. I hope so anyway.
That's cute.

You think that one party cares more about the constitution than the other?

A little hint for you, big D, or big R, doesn't make a difference. They are one and the same.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
That's cute.

You think that one party cares more about the constitution than the other?

A little hint for you, big D, or big R, doesn't make a difference. They are one and the same.
Maybe so but at least one is more aligned with what I feel is better for our future than the other.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I think this is how this thread kind of got off topic. There are some that say things like, "If I see someone breaking into my vehicle I'm going to grab my gun and show them," or something along those lines. That's the wrong response in my opinion and kind of gives gun owners a bad name when they say stuff like that. I carry and in that situation I would call 911 and report an active theft. In no way would I go out and challenge the person(s) with my firearm over a vehicle break in. It's just not worth it and whatever they did to my vehicle insurance will cover. Even with the deductible that's a lot cheaper than legal fees.

Now if the criminals then forced their way in my house. That's a whole different story. At that point my safety is threatened.
I'm not judging or commenting on you or your opinion, nor what I would do in the same scenario.

On of the problem with rural living is perpetual theft. My uncle for example was the 4th generation running the same farm, in their family for over a century. They have 7-10 farm vehicles, plus a couple clean daily drivers, ATV, tractors, etc. Over the last 20 years he had to slowly add lights, camera, alarms, cut-off switches, and dogs, as at last count 34 vehicles stolen since 2000. The thieves will also destroy other things on the way in like $500 damage to a gate, to drive their truck in the yard to steal $100 worth of diesel. Insurance cut him off, and he had to sell the farm and move.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Maybe so but at least one is more aligned with what I feel is better for our future than the other.
Perhaps. I wouldn't count on it though. ;)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

After all these years I finally found a reason to use the ignore button on here. Poof...He's gone!

Poof.jpg

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Everything has been taken cared of. This happened about a month ago and my insurance covered and replaced everything. Like it never even happened. I'm still a bit paranoid though whenever I park in public setting.
I am glad that the insurance company took care of it.

The Texan part of me wants to say "Welcome to Oregon", but that may cause a string of conversation that may not be appropriate for this forum.

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
It is a proven fact. Accurate high speed lead therapy and a thief can no longer thieve.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I keep my guns and my ammo locked in a safe. The idea of shooting another human for just about anything is horrifying. Especially to protect something I have full coverage on.

Seems like a lot of fantasies about killing people in this thread. Creepy.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Serious question: Does window tint itself slow down or deter “smash n grab” incidents at all? I’ve never had it happen but have seen in videos just how Fast it can happen w safety glass. Would they see the tint itself and look for a softer target?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Serious question: Does window tint itself slow down or deter “smash n grab” incidents at all? I’ve never had it happen but have seen in videos just how Fast it can happen w safety glass. Would they see the tint itself and look for a softer target?
I'm sure it helps because they cant see what's inside when it's tinted opposed to ones that aren't. Here most vehicles are way over the legal limit and you can barely make out if there's a driver in there never mind what's inside.
Sponsored