First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
Commercial Driving Instructor
I posted this also on the intro page...fresh from the shop!
(More pics coming)

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of roof rack are you running? Can I get a link or pics please
It's a G3 Rack (Italian made) I got from carid.com. Here's the LINK. I modified it with that wind deflector I cobbled together from a sheet of 1/8" aluminum and some U-bolts. Love the rack.

Oh, and one more thing.... The G3 rack consists of the two transverse bars across the cab roof. The basket is a el-cheapo, I mean inexpensive 4" deep rack I bought at Harbor Freight...about $60, if I recall. I just ran the roof rack arms through the basket instead of mounting it atop the arms, in order to keep the height, and resulting increase to the already considerable frontal area of my ride to a minimum.

Rack.png

Last edited:

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
It's a G3 Rack (Italian made) I got from carid.com. Here's the LINK. I modified it with that wind deflector I cobbled together from a sheet of 1/8" aluminum and some U-bolts. Love the rack.

Oh, and one more thing.... The G3 rack consists of the two transverse bars across the cab roof. The basket is a el-cheapo, I mean inexpensive 4" deep rack I bought at Harbor Freight...about $60, if I recall. I just ran the roof rack arms through the basket instead of mounting it atop the arms, in order to keep the height, and resulting increase to the already considerable frontal area of my ride to a minimum.

Rack.png
Thanks. I've been looking for something affordable to haul kayaks and bikes when we go camping. Funny I didn't even notice basket in first post. Very clever to keep profile down. Thanks again

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I've been looking for something affordable to haul kayaks and bikes when we go camping. Funny I didn't even notice basket in first post. Very clever to keep profile down. Thanks again
No problem. I had 8 gallons of water and 4.5 gallons of fuel in the rack this summer with no issues. :thumbsup:
Sponsored