The Last APG Kit

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 APG Ranger Lariot
So a month or so again we were trying to decide to either wait for the raptor or pursue the APG Kit. After talking about it we ended up deciding on the APG kit because we didn't think we would be able to get a ranger raptor within the next two to three years and with the dealer markup it would be a little much. As a result, we decided to do the APG kit. We snagged the last kit before their business model changed to the Bronco's. We had to sacrifice on a few things due to supply such as the aluminum front bumped but still enjoyed how she turned out. Here she is when we picked her up.

Still haven't had the opportunity to off-road yet. We got COVID after a trip so we're still waiting to test out all the changes!

e7tij-FQc-TZ-Wu-Oj-UXTFy1-Q.jpg
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
So you can’t get this kit anymore or you can but have to wait for a certain amount to be ordered before they make a batch of them?

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
So a month or so again we were trying to decide to either wait for the raptor or pursue the APG Kit. After talking about it we ended up deciding on the APG kit because we didn't think we would be able to get a ranger raptor within the next two to three years and with the dealer markup it would be a little much. As a result, we decided to do the APG kit. We snagged the last kit before their business model changed to the Bronco's. We had to sacrifice on a few things due to supply such as the aluminum front bumped but still enjoyed how she turned out. Here she is when we picked her up.

Still haven't had the opportunity to off-road yet. We got COVID after a trip so we're still waiting to test out all the changes!

More pictures please!

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So you can’t get this kit anymore or you can but have to wait for a certain amount to be ordered before they make a batch of them?
From what I understand, they make them until they move on to something else. There isn't any way to know how many, until they stop.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
From what I understand, they make them until they move on to something else. There isn't any way to know how many, until they stop.
So basically if someone runs into your truck and wrecks the kit, you have to completely re-fab it into something else.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So basically if someone runs into your truck and wrecks the kit, you have to completely re-fab it into something else.
That's how I understand it. They made an announcement on social media awhile ago that they were discontinuing the kits. They only produce for one vehicle at a time.

Carmell269

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electric motor mechanic
Looks terrific ! 10 kinds of badass right there.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
When they first announced it I reached out and they said they will still make them but extended lead times since the kits would not be in active production in the future. I assume that comes at an increase cost too for the same reasons.

Hope your covid recovery is quick, sucked for my wife when we all had it but that was a year ago now. Was this a Tremor you started with or is it just Tremor side steps? Looks a lot better than I would have thought on the wide body build. I would love to have an APG kit but that $$, I need to sell more computers haha

OP
OP

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 APG Ranger Lariot
They said they would still make them but would be more expensive because they have to fab everything up. I didn't ask how much more because it didn't really apply to us all too much!