The FULL Sync 3 menu inside

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
A few weeks ago, I mentioned in the Forscan thread that i accidentally got a complete Sync 3 menu up while loading settings, including items we only set in Forscan (and can't see in Sync) ...

But, the menu went away after a power cycle, and I was never able to reproduce what it took to bring it up.

As far as I know, this menu configuration is unknown, so mentioning here for thoughts, or for you all to explore.

1) It came back after trying a few more things.
This time, i think i've isolated how to get it, and also took photos of most menus, and most (i) info button contents.
(my vehicle has Sync 3.4)

See this link here for the full album.

Below is a random selection from the album:
20210407_195212.jpg
20210407_195221.jpg

20210407_195225.jpg
20210407_195300.jpg

20210407_195349.jpg
20210407_200034.jpg

20210407_200508.jpg

2) Some highlights:
Traffic recognition
Large Lock and Lighting settings menus

3) Not all features can be activated (they're greyed out) even if the vehicle is powered On. However, a good number of them CAN be activated.
Whether they take effect or not is another question; I haven't gotten there.

4) Also, this full menu remained for a few power cycles, but then went away.

I'll continue to explore whether it's possible to keep it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dave1899

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Retired Living the Life
I'm still having issues installing the sync 3.4 softwear. I've tried several times already so I hope tomorrow will be the right attempt.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I assume you initially activate this menu via Forscan? Wasn’t clear in your initial post.

OP
OP

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I assume you initially activate this menu via Forscan? Wasn’t clear in your initial post.
Thanks for asking -- it accidentally became activated through a sequence of Forscan settings changes; those changes were not related to the full menu coming up.

So, I'm guessing this is a random bug in Sync3 which led to the menu appearing.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Yup I was confused at the initial post so I search the interwebs for about 20 minutes this morning trying to figure out how to get into this screen. thought it was something like the "speaker test mode" Then I search "Sync 3 Driver Assistance Settings" and got a hit for the Forscan Forum, then it all made sense. Very cool either way, thanks for sharing.

OP
OP

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
A few more interesting things after looking around in the linked gallery above:

1) One of the interesting *enable-able* features in the full hidden menu, was Evasive Steering.

Here's Ford's description: link to Ford.

It's available on the Explorer. Obviously, that's a different vehicle and mass. It'd be interesting to do a safe test just to see what happens on a Ranger, if anything. Let me know if anyone has ideas (i've never driven an explorer).

2) Similarly, I have 2WD (FX2), and the Traction Control button was enabl-able as well. What (if anything) could enabling Traction Control do on 2WD?

3) Adaptive / Glarefree lighting is enable-able. Does anyone know if the wiring harnesses on the Ranger support adding the explorer's adaptive lights? Asking in the off-chance that Ford re-used the harnesses, and we could upgrade our vehicles.

4) Wrong-Way Alert. This looks to be a feature of the Traffic Sign recognition. Has anyone with the manual Forscan update with traffic sign recognition, seen a wrong-way alert come up?

5) A common theme on these forums is, wishing there was a different threshold/timeout for auto start/stop. There is a menu on this, but it isn't enable-able.
Sponsored