First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
Here is my reply to another member over at the Jeep Gladiator forum, when he asked me to compare the 2 trucks. Thought you might find this interesting:

Both are great vehicles! The Ranger has more power with the 2.3 liter inline 4 turbo. The Ranger gets a little better gas mileage as well. I could get about 22 to 23 MPG driving easy on the highway with the Jeep Gladiator Rubicon I had before. Not sure of the Gladiator Sport with the less aggressive tires. I can get up to 25 to 26 MPG driving easy on the highway with the Ranger Tremor.
You actually get a lot with the Tremor for the price. However, Jeeps will hold their value over time better. I like the idea of customizing or adding accessories and it is endless with Jeep vehicles. They both ride pretty good too. Being reliable, both have had pretty good track record. However, the Rangers seem to have some issues, for some, with the transmission when you get close to 80 to 90 thousand miles. And there has been some issues with the vent controls in the heater/ac units. Jeeps seem to sometimes have issues with axle seals. Again, overall, both vehicles are reliable in MHO. I think that the Jeeps might be a little bit stronger for off road use. However, I normally do not venture off road and if I do it would be easy trails. The Ranger will tow about the same as a Jeep with Max Tow, however I only tow a small, enclosed motorcycle trailer or an open landscape trailer, so towing ability will be fine for me!
Thanks for the kind words about my dog. Both surgery's, were pretty expensive. However, she is part of the family, and we love the little furry critter! And, she is doing much better now!!!

Edit: I forgot to mention the option of taking off the freedom panels or top completely off and the doors off on the Jeep. With the Ranger, that is not an option
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Glad you are happy with it. It just seems like someone stuck the bed on as an afterthought to make a new jeep thing. Just looks weird... but I also think the longer wranglers look wrong as well. So I'm just biased towards the original little one I guess.

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Well, I have decided that I am going to trade in the Ranger Tremor and get back into a Jeep Gladiator. I want to thank all of you for your kindness and helpful information that I have received from the forum. And a big thank you to our moderator Dave as he is one of the nicest guys I have ever dealt with!!! Flame suit on so go ahead and tell me I am nuts! Maybe I am :crazy:

New Gladiator I am getting.

1679587771622.png
Hope you enjoy it!

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
So what made you go Gladiator to Ranger and then what's making you go Ranger back to Gladiator?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well, I have decided that I am going to trade in the Ranger Tremor and get back into a Jeep Gladiator. I want to thank all of you for your kindness and helpful information that I have received from the forum. And a big thank you to our moderator Dave as he is one of the nicest guys I have ever dealt with!!! Flame suit on so go ahead and tell me I am nuts! Maybe I am :crazy:

1679587771622.png
?

1679615369188.png

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
So what made you go Gladiator to Ranger and then what's making you go Ranger back to Gladiator?
Hi Greg! The 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon was a high dollar Jeep. Being retired, I had spent a lot of $$$ on this 2021. We found out that our one dog needed to have specialized knee surgery on both knees and it was going to be very expensive. Therefore, I traded in the Gladiator Rubicon on the Ranger and received a lot of positive equity on the deal. In other words, I traded and received the Ranger Tremor plus a large sum of money. Figure trading in a $60,000+ jeep on a $45,000 Ranger Tremor. We have since finished up both surgeries on our border collie/lab mix dog. She is no longer in pain and suffering. Fast forward to now where I was able to save a little extra cash and Jeep just put a $4000 rebate on the Jeep Gladiator Sports. Being that I was able to get a very good deal on a new 23 Gladiator and that I had always like the Gladiators, I decided to trade again. I like adding accessories to my vehicles & motorcycles, so with the new Gladiator I will make it my own. Hope this answers your question.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

1679587771622.png
Phil, you could've called/text me and I would've talked you off the ledge. lol Seriously, thank you for the kind words I do appreciate it :blush: . I wish you well with the Gladiator and I hope it treats you well for many years. Everyone needs to be happy in what they have and that's all that's important. I hope you come by here still because you'll be missed. I'll keep you updated in the Raptor saga and even if I don't end up with one we're going to be heading out that way at some point to check out the area and see friends and will send you a text when we know for sure. Good luck with everything and as always keep in touch!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Phil, you could've called/text me and I would've talked you off the ledge. lol Seriously, thank you for the kind words I do appreciate it :blush: . I wish you well with the Gladiator and I hope it treats you well for many years. Everyone needs to be happy in what they have and that's all that's important. I hope you come by here still because you'll be missed. I'll keep you updated in the Raptor saga and even if I don't end up with one we're going to be heading out that way at some point to check out the area and see friends and will send you a text when we know for sure. Good luck with everything and as always keep in touch!
Thanks Dave and you are most welcome!!! You better stop by when you get up this way as we would be very disappointed if you didn't. Thanks again for all your kindness!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!