First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
Well, I have decided that I am going to trade in the Ranger Tremor and get back into a Jeep Gladiator. I want to thank all of you for your kindness and helpful information that I have received from the forum. And a big thank you to our moderator Dave as he is one of the nicest guys I have ever dealt with!!! Flame suit on so go ahead and tell me I am nuts! Maybe I am :crazy:

New Gladiator I am getting.

1679587771622.png
Sponsored

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Didn't see that one coming.

Hope the Jeep makes you happy for many many miles.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
Enjoy your new Gladiator.

I was heavily considering a Jeep Gladiator when I bought my Ranger. There were two things that kept me from getting the Jeep. First was the fact that it is harder for me to get in and out of a Jeep Gladiator or Wrangler due to the higher door sill. The other was towing capacity.

I have owned many different Jeeps over the years from an old Army M170, CJ's, Cherokee Sports, Liberty's, Renegades and new Cherokees. All have served me well over the years.

I haven't owned very many cars in my life and the majority of my vehicles have been some type of Jeep or Ford trucks.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
All the best to you Phil - may you get a million smiles from your new purchase. ?

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I have decided that I am going to trade in the Ranger Tremor and get back into a Jeep Gladiator. I want to thank all of you for your kindness and helpful information that I have received from the forum. And a big thank you to our moderator Dave as he is one of the nicest guys I have ever dealt with!!! Flame suit on so go ahead and tell me I am nuts! Maybe I am :crazy:

New Gladiator I am getting.

1679587771622.png
Just put some decent offroad tires on it so that it doesn't look like it skipped leg day and all will be well, lol. I've never cared for Jeeps that had street tires on them , they just have always looked odd to me.

I almost signed the papers on a Gladiator back in 2020 but I ran across the Bronco reveal the same week and had to reserve one instead. Tow rating was decent on the Rubicon and that's one thing that has me thinking I may need to keep the Ranger as the Bronco is only #3500 rated.

Enjoy

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
What were the pluses of the Gladiator that lured you away?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
What were the pluses of the Gladiator that lured you away?
Hi Dennis,
The Gladiator has the freedom panels that can be removed in the summer for a convertible like open air experience. Plus, I like the endless availability of options. And the posts of late here about the transmission issues and the heat/AC vent failures, kind of have me a bit concerned. I like both vehicles, however I think the Gladiator will be fun making it my own!