Bed Lighting on Ranger not working

bamahater

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I bought my 2019 Lariat in May and never checked on the bed lighting. Today for some reason I finally decided to try it out. I pressed the button on the dash and nothing happens. The lights are not illuminating. I tried for a few minutes and nothing happens. Anyone have any insight? Could be a fuse issue but since I bought the truck about 4 months ago I'm just temped to call the dealer and get it fixed under warranty.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Getting the truck fixed under warranty is always a great idea. Perhaps it is something so simple that can be fixed on the first visit. Also just to make sure you are leaving it in park in order to use the bed light correct? I know it sounds stupid of me to ask but my ranger wont turn it on if I'm not in park. Also read the owners manual to make sure you arent missing anything else.

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I bought my 2019 Lariat in May and never checked on the bed lighting. Today for some reason I finally decided to try it out. I pressed the button on the dash and nothing happens. The lights are not illuminating. I tried for a few minutes and nothing happens. Anyone have any insight? Could be a fuse issue but since I bought the truck about 4 months ago I'm just temped to call the dealer and get it fixed under warranty.
Bed lighting as in the cargo light, or as in lights in the bed?

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NC National Guard
I have a cargo light button and nothing lights up.
Ok, I saw the Ford bed lights where touch activated that's why I was curious. I'm assuming the brake light works? Possibly bad bulb?

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NC National Guard

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
Ok, I saw the Ford bed lights where touch activated that's why I was curious. I'm assuming the brake light works? Possibly bad bulb?
Everything else is fine.

At night if I push that button, nothing.

OP
OP
bamahater

bamahater

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
It's an option. I put some in I got from Amazon
Is it an option on a Lariat? I see the info on how to turn it on in the manual but nothing. Btw it’s the lights in the bottom bed of the truck.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is it an option on a Lariat? I see the info on how to turn it on in the manual but nothing. Btw it’s the lights in the bottom bed of the truck.
On Amazon is a universal aftermarket option that you dont want as it wont fix your problem. If you made sure the owners manual instructions were followed then I suggest going strait to the dealer. No since in adding something if it wont fix the original problem.

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NC National Guard
Can you post a picture of the lights you are referring to?

Ford offers an option for bed lights you turn on by touching. I think we are talking about two different things though.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
It turns out I have a switch to the lower left of the steering wheel that turns the light over the bed on, the same light that turns on when I open a door. It does me no good since I have the topper.

I wonder if I could rewire it to some under rail LEDs.

OP
OP
bamahater

bamahater

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Can you post a picture of the lights you are referring to?

Ford offers an option for bed lights you turn on by touching. I think we are talking about two different things though.
Maybe I’m confused. I thought there were light that illuminated the bottom of the bed. Here is the button on my dash that does absolutely nothing. It’s the one on the right
00A51FD1-4F58-4A60-86F9-5C316EF6641A.jpeg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maybe I’m confused. I thought there were light that illuminated the bottom of the bed. Here is the button on my dash that does absolutely nothing. It’s the one on the right
00A51FD1-4F58-4A60-86F9-5C316EF6641A.jpeg
You are correct that it is supposed to light the bed. It uses the third brake light for such.
Sponsored