jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had any problems with the A/C not cold and not working properly on a 2020 model? Mine now is blowing 60 degrees. Took to dealer found a leak on one of the lines, had to order part then put on and left shop blowing 40 degrees, about 3-4 days later up to 60. When I start it with the remote it blows around 50 turn on key up to 60-65. Anyone having any problems?
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Are you running it in auto? It will start up in Max cool to cool the truck down and then back off to maintain the set temp. Not like the old school A/C, that just blew cold air. This is climate control, like your home A/C. I personally love how it works.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
If it's on max cool and that is as cold as it's getting, either they messed up in installing the new line, there's another leak, or the fresh air/recirculate acuator motor is jammed and not closing off completely.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Research youtube and the forums I believe this is gonna be a much larger issue as these trucks get used/sold. Theres already a few others popping up on here with ac issues. And if you look up nemesis5 ranger on YouTube he explains the issue. Hopefully its still under warranty because its gonna be costly.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Research youtube and the forums I believe this is gonna be a much larger issue as these trucks get used/sold. Theres already a few others popping up on here with ac issues. And if you look up nemesis5 ranger on YouTube he explains the issue. Hopefully its still under warranty because its gonna be costly.
The issue nemesis5 posted about was specifically dealing with the blend door actuator failing. The issue OP is having is not the same thing.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
My AC works great. I’ve been very pleased how quickly it can cool down the truck and how well the auto setting maintains the set temp.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
If it's on max cool and that is as cold as it's getting, either they messed up in installing the new line, there's another leak, or the fresh air/recirculate acuator motor is jammed and not closing off completely.
Why not? The blend door mixes cold air from the AC with warm air from the heater core to keep the temp stable. If the blend door is malfunctioning, could it not be sending too much warm air from the heater core?
Note that I am assuming this is how it works on these trucks. My older truck always has coolant circulating thru the heater core even with AC on for 'blending' warm and cold air for temp control. The only time the coolant wasn't circulating thru the heater is when you had Max AC on.

OP
OP

jitsujerry

First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Are you running it in auto? It will start up in Max cool to cool the truck down and then back off to maintain the set temp. Not like the old school A/C, that just blew cold air. This is climate control, like your home A/C. I personally love how it works.
No its on a/c, max
I run it with a/c, max a/c, recirculate and at the coldest setting.

OP
OP

jitsujerry

First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
5000 miles on it, i bought it end of January so didn't check air, then when first started using it this summer worked great, no more goes back to shop Tuesday, they replaced a line last Thursday worked great couple days not now, i told service department if they need to change everything with the a/c it needs fixed.

OP
OP

jitsujerry

First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
My AC works great. I’ve been very pleased how quickly it can cool down the truck and how well the auto setting maintains the set temp.
My a/c blows colder with remote start then when you start it up.

OP
OP

jitsujerry

First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Max A/C and the coldest setting.

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having this exact issue. 52,000 miles and my ac won't blow colder than 60. Ac gauge says it has enough refrigerant. Going to have to take it in to get looked at, my dealer is booked up until August they told me.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
I don’t have an answer but as a nice to know - is this by using Auto set at 60, or trying to do with the controls/vents?

I’ve been using auto-climate for most of the 3 years I’ve had mine with no issue but I know I’m in the window of the climate-control box warping tsb that’s out there. I’m out of warranty for that so hope it never happens… drive on!

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
I don’t have an answer but as a nice to know - is this by using Auto set at 60, or trying to do with the controls/vents?

I’ve been using auto-climate for most of the 3 years I’ve had mine with no issue but I know I’m in the window of the climate-control box warping tsb that’s out there. I’m out of warranty for that so hope it never happens… drive on!
I set temperature to low, fan on highest speed and recirculate on. Only goes a little below 60 when driving. I'm not crazy that it should be lower right? It's struggling to keep the cab cool.
Sponsored