Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
But they jumped it on the commercial :LOL:
That was insane though, peer pressure is a B$tch :facepalm:
The balance seemed pretty good for that far a jump, the most real general lee jump Ive seen.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
But they jumped it on the commercial :LOL:
That was insane though, peer pressure is a B$tch :facepalm:
The balance seemed pretty good for that far a jump, the most real general lee jump Ive seen.
I'd bet that was an alcohol fueled, "hold my beer" jump.....

It was cool to see, but I feel bad for the guy - he trashed a nice Raptor. I wouldn't be surprised it if totaled it. At the very least it would be a very expensive repair since the air bags deployed.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
That is a hell of a mistake

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Does the Ranger collect and share telematic data of your driving, locations, and basically everything you do in or around the vehicle? Asking for a friend :bandit:
they can look at how the vehicle has been driven like top speed, avg speed ect. but I don't know about location I wouldn't think so.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
The truck was made to ruff house, well maybe not fly to the moon. What would the telemetry tell them to cause a warranty failure? High revs, thats going to happen offroad and they know that. Serious suspension travel and jolts, that going to happen too. Even the regular 4x4 Rangers are expected to go through alot. Its not like its going to tell them how much stress a joint is taking. Why would they even care where you are? They cannot say, Well you where in the woods and mudding bc the the telemetry shows us your location and what mode you er in. I guess Im missing the point?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
There is a fuse for the 'telematic' circuit.... not sure if that would throw a CEL or what other adverse affects it may have..... might need to find out :giggle:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
There is a fuse for the 'telematic' circuit.... not sure if that would throw a CEL or what other adverse affects it may have..... might need to find out :giggle:
Thats interesting, I wonder what problems it would cause? Forscan can probably get rid of the light.

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
I think privacy concerns are valid. There has to be ethics with the use of information.

Let me provide context. I work in a financial related field in that products we manufacture and service contain personally identifiable information. For numerous reasons I wont get into the specifics.

We go to great lengths to ensure that personally identifiable information is stripped, encrypted or masked before it it leaves the the device. This way engineering and service has access to product performance without having any ability to reach back to details of the source.

There is specific guidance and standards with the financial realm. I'm not sure what exists in the automotive realm.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I wonder what the telemetry said about this, Im sure they engineered the crap out of the ramps to suit the Raptor. The last jump opened the tailgate though

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Just like in the commercials, State Farm monitors where I drive, how fast I accelerate and take curves, as well as all my other driving habits. It's all to get a discount on my premiums. I don't particularly like it, but if I want the discount, I have to live with it.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Just like in the commercials, State Farm monitors where I drive, how fast I accelerate and take curves, as well as all my other driving habits. It's all to get a discount on my premiums. I don't particularly like it, but if I want the discount, I have to live with it.
What happens when you go offroad? No way I could handle them analyzing my driving all the time. Something like that may good for a work vehicle that is shared. You dont ever have the urge, to get down on it sometimes? I dont rag my vehicles, but I want to have fun once and while. I do go offroad a good amount, and that is pretty stressful for any vehicle.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
What happens when you go offroad? No way I could handle them analyzing my driving all the time. Something like that may good for a work vehicle that is shared. You dont ever have the urge, to get down on it sometimes? I dont rag my vehicles, but I want to have fun once and while. I do go offroad a good amount, and that is pretty stressful for any vehicle.
Unfortunately, I'm constantly tracked. They even keep a report card on me that I can view on their website. . .and yes, I do want to go pedal to the metal from time to time, especially in my Corvette!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.