Tailgate seal

Robanno

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Where would I get the tailgate seal to fill gap between tailgate and body. Bought some when I first purchased truck and want to redo it, but can't find receipt.
Have bought from 2 different suppliers, both sent the Extang product and both were the same thing. Thinner and narrower and on package it says not for 2019/20 Ford Rangers. Any ideas?
Thanks Rob
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Where would I get the tailgate seal to fill gap between tailgate and body. Bought some when I first purchased truck and want to redo it, but can't find receipt.
Have bought from 2 different suppliers, both sent the Extang product and both were the same thing. Thinner and narrower and on package it says not for 2019/20 Ford Rangers. Any ideas?
Thanks Rob
When I had my f150 prior to the ranger I bought mine thru peragon.Com as part of my package. They don't make a cover for our rangers at this time but if you call them they may sell you the bed seal. I took mine out of my f150, I cleaned the adhesive off and I plan to simply cut it down to fit my bed width. I had taken it off prior to trading my f150, the adhesive was coming off the sprayed in liner (I got dirt and mulch under it) and I decided to keep it when I traded.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Thanks Rob
Extang 1140 MaxSeal
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CN5QG8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is what I used. Has held up 4 months so far.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
I found a 2019 Ranger specific seal on Amazon. It should arrive next week. ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal with Taper Seal for Ford Ranger. Fits 2019 Body Style

OP
OP

Robanno

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Kjrr
The extant 1140 seal is the stuff I ordered from two suppliers, sent both back. Not the same width or thickness/profile I received 4 months ago. Seems they changed the product. And packaging says not for Rangers. Does not seem thick enough to fill gap.
Jerry
Let's us know how this works and pics of seal
Thanks Rob

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired

Filobeddoe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I found a 2019 Ranger specific seal on Amazon. It should arrive next week. ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal with Taper Seal for Ford Ranger. Fits 2019 Body Style
This is the tailgate seal I got when truck was a week old - really bugged me having huge gap... this seal has worked well for me

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
This is the tailgate seal I got when truck was a week old - really bugged me having huge gap... this seal has worked well for me
Don't forget to seal up the gap between the plastic bed protectors and the tailgate too. I was getting a lot of dust in the bed from driving gravel roads and realized that is a pretty big gap. I put a piece of seal in there so I'm hoping that will help a great deal. I noticed in the photos on the above seal that it shows a piece stuck there as well.

91DJqK8LEgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Kjrr
The extant 1140 seal is the stuff I ordered from two suppliers, sent both back. Not the same width or thickness/profile I received 4 months ago. Seems they changed the product. And packaging says not for Rangers. Does not seem thick enough to fill gap.
Jerry
Let's us know how this works and pics of seal
Thanks Rob
If it ever gets here I will report on how it is. Should be Monday.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Well it got here and I installed it a couple of days ago. After getting it installed and noting several areas still open to dirt and water I pealed it off and sent it back to Amazon. A very poor product in my opinion.

DeliriousD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Retired
Any chance you can share a few photos?
Sponsored