First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
OK, so I have enough of the wiper seal in my photos, left over, to send out if your interested. Each side takes about 20 inches, so I'll send out a 4 foot length.
For info a 35 foot roll runs almost $150.00 or over $4 bucks a foot.
No charge for the seal....it's just sitting being un=used. But I have shipped out a few, and even just across the state of Virginia, ran a bit over 10 bucks to ship a small package, so I ask that you just re-imburse me for the shipping after you get it, via pay-pal, check, rolls of pennies, whatever. Figure 10-15 bucks depending on where you live.
Don't know how long the seals will last, or even if they will do a good job, but they look better than some of the other stuff I've seen.
Just PM me your name and address...first come...first served. :like:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How do you like the swing case? Thinking about getting one with my ford pass points
I like the case. Can't keep real heavy stuff in it, but it's good for stuff like jumper cables, tie-downs, cleaning stuff, some quick to get too tools.
It's made by another company for Ford, and they sell on Amazon for under 200 bucks, while the Ford branded sells for more. I used my Ford points to get it, but I asked the dealer if he would match the lowest on line price from other dealers, $199.00 and he did....so ask your dealer to match.
The company that makes them is called Undercover Swing Case, and are exactly the same as the Ford unit, without the Ford logo. There on Amazon for $199.00, free shipping with Prime.

Last edited:

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I like the case. Can't keep real heavy stuff in it, but it's good for stuff like jumper cables, tie-downs, cleaning stuff, some quick to get too tools.
It's made by another company for Ford, and they sell on Amazon for under 200 bucks, while the Ford branded sells for more. I used my Ford points to get it, but I asked the dealer if he would match the lowest on line price from other dealers, $199.00 and he did....so ask your dealer to match.
Same here. Used my points and they didn't exactly match on-line price, but they came down to like $210 so it was fine, so I paid 10 bucks out of pocket. I have my drop hitch in it, a regular hitch, some ratchet straps (rat shit straps) jumper cables and some tools, so it will handle a bit of weight, but I'm probably at the limit.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I may have found a way to seal the tailgate openings against dust/water....long but follow ....
Those of you fimilar with RV's with slideouts know the openings have bulb seals and wipers made from rubber, and usually have a very strong double sided adhesive tape.
I had some of both on hand from doing repairs to my RV over the years.
The photos show the wiper seals on the passenger side, while I left the drivers side stock so you could see the difference.
Also had a length of bulb type gasket that just happened to snap over the "T" on the top of the bumper plastic.
I don't know how well this will work as my Ranger hasen't really seen any dust and its kept garaged.
I'll get the ### of the seals/wipers tomorrow if anyone is interested, BUT, be aware that this stuff ain't cheap.

IMG_20211014_162747321.jpg

IMG_20211014_162808836.jpg

IMG_20211014_162759008.jpg

IMG_20211014_162804990.jpg

IMG_20211014_162947887.jpg

IMG_20211014_162943152_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211014_162829134_HDR.jpg
I may have found a way to seal the tailgate openings against dust/water....long but follow ....
Those of you fimilar with RV's with slideouts know the openings have bulb seals and wipers made from rubber, and usually have a very strong double sided adhesive tape.
I had some of both on hand from doing repairs to my RV over the years.
The photos show the wiper seals on the passenger side, while I left the drivers side stock so you could see the difference.
Also had a length of bulb type gasket that just happened to snap over the "T" on the top of the bumper plastic.
I don't know how well this will work as my Ranger hasen't really seen any dust and its kept garaged.
I'll get the ### of the seals/wipers tomorrow if anyone is interested, BUT, be aware that this stuff ain't cheap.

IMG_20211014_162747321.jpg

IMG_20211014_162808836.jpg

IMG_20211014_162759008.jpg

IMG_20211014_162804990.jpg

IMG_20211014_162947887.jpg

IMG_20211014_162943152_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211014_162829134_HDR.jpg
Hey Steve. Looking at the third to the last picture, it looks like you’ve got the gator SRX rollup cover. Am I correct? It could be the SR one or the SR two but regardless, I’m asking because I just installed mine and it went pretty good. The problem is it came with a bag of brackets specifically for the Ford Ranger. I don’t see any way on how these brackets will melt. Did you get these and were you jable to mount them? If so, can you send me pics? Thanks

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nick, I posted what I found in the Racks, Carriers, Toppers site, just after your post in "Gator Tonneau".
I'll try for some pics later today, but mounting holes for the bracket are VERY hard to see against the black backround ot the sprayed liner.
If you follow my post, and find the holes/slots I referred to, look at your instructions, it should just pop out at you. I didn't understand the brackets mounting and use until I saw your post, looked, found the holes, and a lightbulb went off in my widdle head. Bracket purpose is to give the clamp something substantial to "bite into" instead of just the bed rail lip.
Will be on the road till this afternoon, take some pic's then.
Sponsored

Last edited: