Tailgate Letters

Godzilla_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger Super Crew
Just got my letters from Bdtrim on ebay.

IMG-20190606-WA0046.jpeg
I ordered my letters last night and they should be here by the weekend. This is the same color scheme I'm doing, magnetic with red. Glad to see it popping like this. I went back and forth on either red or black.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I ordered my letters last night and they should be here by the weekend. This is the same color scheme I'm doing, magnetic with red. Glad to see it popping like this. I went back and forth on either red or black.
I do like those too, but seeing the black platinum in person pushed me towards them. We have a vinyl graphics/wrap guy in our little town and I was going to ask him about something in carbon fiber or carbon fiber clone, but am pretty sure they would be priced out of the range of the Ford letters. I had a Ford faux carbon fiber dash kit for my '02 Mustang that was really nice but don't see any interior dash kits for the Ranger yet

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Finally decided to go ahead & have my TVD letters put on my tailgate (I didn’t dare do it myself:frown:). I’m so glad I did. It looks great!:thumbsup: Going to leave the grill & dash be for now.

6F680E4D-2CE7-4046-97A2-07E399D0A705.jpeg

F24BE3A8-1937-49A4-9F8F-975BFBC5EC08.jpeg

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I drive cars for my dealer from auctions and dealer trades and was up at a dealer in WI today and saw this magnetic model - these, according to the dealer, are Ford accessory letters - most probably the Black Platinum Stainless Steel ones. They looked unbelievable and apparently are only $50. The thing to note is how thick they are, I was surprised that I was able to capture that, maybe near 1/16". I will definitely be ordering these.

lettters.jpeg
I have them in Black Stainless Steel.... awesome! They look great on my Saber STX.

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
092555FF-61C3-418F-A955-A7C06D9580F6.jpeg
I went the other direction and tried for subtle, so I got the lightest silver I could find. Depending on light conditions, sometimes the lettering pops, other times, disappears. Kinda cool.

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
can anyone point me to companies that make tailgate letters for the ranger? I know TYD Vinyl letters has them, but I’ve seen other vehicles with raised, 3D letters.
Ford has them in black and stainless $49

zendick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Sport
is anyone elses TVD "E" a little too short by about 1/4" to 3/8" the tines don't go all the way to fill the recessed area at the ends (the right side of the letter E)?

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I went the other direction and tried for subtle, so I got the lightest silver I could find. Depending on light conditions, sometimes the lettering pops, other times, disappears. Kinda cool.
Looks good, especially without the ecoboost badge.

Godzilla_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
is anyone elses TVD "E" a little too short by about 1/4" to 3/8" the tines don't go all the way to fill the recessed area at the ends (the right side of the letter E)?
Mine were a little off in sizing and spacing. Not enough to tell from a distance but I know it's there! I think I can live it with it. The one thing I would suggest to anyone doing this... Mine came in packs of 2 letters each, RA/NG/ER. If I had to do it over again, I'd cut the letters into singles. The spacing of the letters is damn close but NG and ER were spaced a little off and I had to adjust. It would've been easier using a single letter. Overall though, the tailgate looks awesome and took all of 30 minutes to apply the stickers and de-dealership the tailgate. I'll get a pic up one of these days.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Mine were a little off in sizing and spacing. Not enough to tell from a distance but I know it's there! I think I can live it with it. The one thing I would suggest to anyone doing this... Mine came in packs of 2 letters each, RA/NG/ER. If I had to do it over again, I'd cut the letters into singles. The spacing of the letters is damn close but NG and ER were spaced a little off and I had to adjust. It would've been easier using a single letter. Overall though, the tailgate looks awesome and took all of 30 minutes to apply the stickers and de-dealership the tailgate. I'll get a pic up one of these days.
I believe the TVD letters are individual with an extra R included so you can test fit one before having a Pro do it. The Eye Catcher letters which are thick plastic come with a clear overlay. Regardless, they should be put on one letter at a time. I did the TVD Vinyl letters using the wet method. Tedious but worth it.
Tailgate Letters.jpeg

Godzilla_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the TVD letters are individual with an extra R included so you can test fit one before having a Pro do it. The Eye Catcher letters which are thick plastic come with a clear overlay. Regardless, they should be put on one letter at a time. I did the TVD Vinyl letters using the wet method. Tedious but worth it.
You are correct. I should've specified that I bought EyeCatcher letters.

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
It's a good look, subtle. Very Nice
Sponsored