Tailgate Letters

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
can anyone point me to companies that make tailgate letters for the ranger? I know TYD Vinyl letters has them, but I’ve seen other vehicles with raised, 3D letters.
Sponsored

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
can anyone point me to companies that make tailgate letters for the ranger? I know TYD Vinyl letters has them, but I’ve seen other vehicles with raised, 3D letters.
Yea. Wait for EyeCatcher. They sell em on Amazon and I confirmed they will be selling them for the Ranger. Just working on the fit and whatnot.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
34DE5A02-FA86-4863-942D-A23D51D681F9.jpeg
Installed the TVD letters yesterday.

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Individual letters?
Difficult to install?
Yes, individual letters. I’d say 6 on a 1 to 10 scale. You use the Wet method of installation so you can move then around to ensure correct position. It comes with an extra R so you can try to install yourself. If you can’t it says most window tinters can do it for you for a fee.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
34DE5A02-FA86-4863-942D-A23D51D681F9.jpeg

Installed the TVD letters yesterday.
Awesome, I was thinking of doing this on mine but wasn't sure if it would be overkill. Looks good!

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same lettering in the gray metallic color. Ljghtning Blue Ranger. Just waiting on the Ranger to arrive this week. Also got the lettering for the chrome grill in matt black.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
I have the same lettering in the gray metallic color. Ljghtning Blue Ranger. Just waiting on the Ranger to arrive this week. Also got the lettering for the chrome grill in matt black.
I have the dark gray Ranger and I’m pondering using maroon letters.

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
Sign shop in Chesapeake Virginia said tgey would letter my front rear and interior for 93 bucks .. going with red white blue then red white blue give the truck a real Americana feel ... will post when done .. so that be red r white a blue n red g white e blue r

Packattack

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
I have the dark gray Ranger and I’m pondering using maroon letters.
I also have magnetic/dark gray and wondering how midnight blue metallic lettering would look. the blue lettering is the same coloring as the ford oval.

OP
OP

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
I also have magnetic/dark gray and wondering how midnight blue metallic lettering would look. the blue lettering is the same coloring as the ford oval.
The guy at TVD said he’d send me a couple color samples. If I don’t go flat black, I’ll either go with a dark maroon metallic or silver.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! Like the hood stripe on that color. I started pin striping mine last night in the garage. Just got the tailgate striping done. Want daylight to do the striping down the sides. I did add the flat black letting to the Ranger indents on my chrome grill. I have light gray/silver metallic letters for my tailgate.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! Like the hood stripe on that color. I started pin striping mine last night in the garage. Just got the tailgate striping done. Want daylight to do the striping down the sides. I did add the flat black letting to the Ranger indents on my chrome grill. I have light gray/silver metallic letters for my tailgate.
Share a pic of the grill, I'm looking to do the black on the tailgate and grill on mine so that they pop.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Share a pic of the grill, I'm looking to do the black on the tailgate and grill on mine so that they pop.
I just walked out and took this picture of the grill. I really like the flat black lettering versus the bare chrome indented letters.

RangerGrillLettering.jpg
Sponsored