Sync3 Issues

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red
On my 2019 Ranger Lariat I have 2 issues that many of you seem to have. When turning on truck, the XM radio is always on 0 and not playing. Secondly, the display is always changing to day when I start the truck. For months I have had it set on night display and it has stayed there. So one thing suggested here was a module reset. Push in the radio volume button and hold the right scan button at the same time. For the display it worked at least after starting the truck 3 times as it stayed on the night display. So far at least so good. XM radio came on immediately after reset for one startup but the last 2 back to the 0 station thing. Will continue to monitor and report. Sure don't get the radio thing all of a sudden happening in the last month along with that display glitch.
Sponsored

Remix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercrew
Has anyone had this fixed yet?
Dealer ordered another part , they are throwing parts at it

stinkechin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
so im joinging the problem train. I tried to update sync wouldnt update. did a master reset now i can hear the radio but have a blank screen. ill try to pull the 2 fuses tomorrow. grrr it shouldnt be this hard.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
Has anyone had this fixed yet?
Dealer ordered another part , they are throwing parts at it
Which is a complete waste of parts that could have gone to legitimately failed modules in vehicles that are stuck waiting on them.

It sure looks like it’s actually version 22251 that is the problem here. Last I checked about a week ago there was no update yet, not sure if that’s changed.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
you can get a newer version using the Syn3updater from Cyanlabs, might be worth a try... It fixed my forpass update issue.
Syn 3 Updater.png

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Dealer replaced my “head unit” today. I guess it is the majority of the “guts” of the system. It was replaced about 3 hours ago. So far it is working.

While I was waiting, I ordered a new Ranger Raptor.

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Well, I have the same problem which started 1 week ago. From the number of people experiencing this it has to be a software problem.

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Well, I have the same problem which started 1 week ago. From the number of people experiencing this it has to be a software problem.
I think so too since it seems to have all started around the same time for everyone. I would find it extremely odd that everyone had hardware issues at the same time.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Can anyone on this forum confirm if Ford is aware and working on a fix?

_N8_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I think so too since it seems to have all started around the same time for everyone. I would find it extremely odd that everyone had hardware issues at the same time.
There's zero doubt.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Dealer replaced my “head unit” today. I guess it is the majority of the “guts” of the system. It was replaced about 3 hours ago. So far it is working.
What SYNC version did they install on it?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
you can get a newer version using the Syn3updater from Cyanlabs, might be worth a try... It fixed my forpass update issue.
Syn 3 Updater.png
Just updated mine yesterday. I was having it jump to radio from my USB source occasional. I don't use XM so I have it removed from my source list.

_N8_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
What SYNC version did they install on it?
I am pretty damn confident this is the issue:

“This is not a hardware issue. The APIM is not defective. If you are paying for this, you are wasting your money. The issue is a software issue. Logs are being created and filling up the rwdata partition. When this happens, there is not sufficient space for the settings to reside.

New hardware will cause Sync 3.4 Build 22251 to work properly. But when the rwdata partition becomes full again, the same issue will be present”
That being said, it sounds like we're stuck waiting on Ford unless we want to hack into or replace the APIM.
Sponsored