underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Finally, got the new download through WiFi and been fine since. Been 5 or 6 days since download. I even cancelled my appointment at the dealer and getting oil change / tire rotation instead.

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
Similar problem I always listen to usb music, when I restart truck it defaults to fm radio. And the new update did not fix this!
I also use USB and it will default to FM unless I wait for the USB to be detected. You will see a message flash on the screen to that effect. So I drive down the road for a minute and then use voice command to play USB and it always works.

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
I also use USB and it will default to FM unless I wait for the USB to be detected. You will see a message flash on the screen to that effect. So I drive down the road for a minute and then use voice command to play USB and it always works.
You are correct however my 19 mustang gt never faulters from the usb. So why should I accept this in my 22 ranger? Is it because it's junk? Comparing it to my 19 mustang it really is junk!

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
You are correct however my 19 mustang gt never faulters from the usb. So why should I accept this in my 22 ranger? Is it because it's junk? Comparing it to my 19 mustang it really is junk!
It would be nice if it waited and then connected. I don't play my music near as often as I used to because I am listening to the engine, transmission and driveshaft waiting for something to break. This forum has done this to me :p

MPZ

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd
Occupation
TV Editor
Installed 3.4.23188 via USB today and it completely fixed all of my issues. Ford Pass works now. Nav stays on course now. On board WiFi works now. And it returns to the last media I was playing. None of that has been right for 8 months. Thanks to all of y’all that helped!
Hi, How do you get the update on flash drive, is there a link to download the file?
Thank you

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I received my USB drive from Amazon yesterday, downloaded the software, unzipped it, and transferred it to the USB. I went out this morning to install it only to find that my truck had started downloading an update from Ford through the router from our house. I left the ignition on and 25 minutes later Sync was updated to 23188! All issues have been resolved. I guess I will have to find another use for the USB... :crazy:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I received my USB drive from Amazon yesterday, downloaded the software, unzipped it, and transferred it to the USB. I went out this morning to install it only to find that my truck had started downloading an update from Ford through the router from our house. I left the ignition on and 25 minutes later Sync was updated to 23188! All issues have been resolved. I guess I will have to find another use for the USB... :crazy:
Keep it for next time.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
x2. Yes, keep it for next time.
This charlie foxtrot has really soured me on Ford's Electronic Tech Support.
Sponsored