First Name
al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger XLT
Occupation
Tech
I currently have the stock 4x4 suspension. My driving habits are as followed 90% on road (city/highway) 10% Beach ( very crazy bumps that send me flying up and down at low speeds ) not looking to do 60 on the beach FYI. suggestions ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RangerAl87

RangerAl87

First Name
al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger XLT
Occupation
Tech
Ps I have the black appearance package , love the rims but would be open to bigger tires that would fit the stock rim if any one has input

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I doubt spending a crap ton of money on suspension will stop you from bouncing up and down on sandy ruts in the beach and it's probably not worth it if you are 90% on the road.

My first thought is just improving the shocks by getting Bilsteins up front and back.

But you want to part with more money, this Eibach package is popular and totally sufficient. If you want a little better and closer to what the Tremor has, you can spring for this Fox 2.0 package.

If you want to spend big money, call up Radflo or King Suspension.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It really depends on what you are willing to spend your money on. If you tow(even if a little bit here and there) or perhaps put stuff in the bed just for the fact you own a truck then I already suggest not getting a leveling kit. At most I would only recommend a lift kit.

Now even with a good name brand lift kit that actually gives you travel you can still get bounced around depending on conditions and speed. This i have been able to confirm myself.

Now I decided to go with the Old Man EMU lift kit. It does raise the front by 2.4 inches and the rear by 1.6 inches. I also have 33 inch tires on the truck so my over all effective lift is 4 inches front and 3 inches rear. Sounds like a lot but yet not much either but I can say it does very well for both on and off road.

Now you might be wondering what comes with the kit? It comes with new shocks front and rear along with new springs front and rear. Besides lift you will gain travel and that will help quite a bit when it comes to bumpy OffRoad but even then you still have to be mindful of what you are doing.

Now that is just one option to consider. Hope this helps

0602211838a.jpg

0602211838.jpg

0602211803a_HDR.jpg

0602211803_HDR.jpg

0529211359a_HDR.jpg

0516211436.jpg

0516211436_HDR.jpg

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
I’m about the same driving split as you and I’m going with Bilstein 6112s up front and 5100s rear. These are more than sufficient in my opinion.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I think for a simple leveling kit BDS is the best. Includes new rear shocks and only costs about $160. For something better I like Bilsteins. I think Old Man Emu is the shiznit if you actually off-road instead of a lift for mall crawling but that might be overkill for what you need.

GTIDudeMkVI

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4, 2012 Lexus GX460
It really depends on what you are willing to spend your money on. If you tow(even if a little bit here and there) or perhaps put stuff in the bed just for the fact you own a truck then I already suggest not getting a leveling kit. At most I would only recommend a lift kit.

Now even with a good name brand lift kit that actually gives you travel you can still get bounced around depending on conditions and speed. This i have been able to confirm myself.

Now I decided to go with the Old Man EMU lift kit. It does raise the front by 2.4 inches and the rear by 1.6 inches. I also have 33 inch tires on the truck so my over all effective lift is 4 inches front and 3 inches rear. Sounds like a lot but yet not much either but I can say it does very well for both on and off road.

Now you might be wondering what comes with the kit? It comes with new shocks front and rear along with new springs front and rear. Besides lift you will gain travel and that will help quite a bit when it comes to bumpy OffRoad but even then you still have to be mindful of what you are doing.

0602211838a.jpg

0602211838.jpg

0602211803a_HDR.jpg

0602211803_HDR.jpg

0529211359a_HDR.jpg

0516211436.jpg

0516211436_HDR.jpg
Great looking truck! I am waiting for an OME kit as we speak. Did you need any other mods to run 33's? Also, did you have any issues with alignment afterwards?

OP
OP
RangerAl87

RangerAl87

First Name
al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger XLT
Occupation
Tech
I am careful and aware of the bumps guys, I've been looking at all of these packages for different kits 800-4000, not that I'm looking to spend 4000, but I'm looking for a quality setup that can handle offloading give me a bit of lift to have a bigger tire, and that I won't run into alignment issues with

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Great looking truck! I am waiting for an OME kit as we speak. Did you need any other mods to run 33's? Also, did you have any issues with alignment afterwards?
So the tire I am running is the Firestone Destination XT in 285/70-17. With this lift kit I had to push the front crash bars forward and remove the plastic covers off of them. The only rub I see at best now is at full lock as the tire will hit the sway bar a little but it does not bother me. I do NOT have wheel spacers and still run the factory sport wheels.

I am careful and aware of the bumps guys, I've been looking at all of these packages for different kits 800-4000, not that I'm looking to spend 4000, but I'm looking for a quality setup that can handle offloading give me a bit of lift to have a bigger tire, and that I won't run into alignment issues with
Thankfully if the Old Man EMU is what you are looking for and you dont want to spend $4,000 on suspension alone(not counting install) the basic kit cost $1,400 and you can still get the alignment into factory specifications with no problems. If anything you just need to sit in the truck when setting toe. I learned this on my truck.

I should also mention that with 32 inch tires (265/65-18 if you have 18 inch wheels) fit with no questions asked. If you want bigger then that 265/70-18 should be just fine too!!

OP
OP
RangerAl87

RangerAl87

First Name
al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger XLT
Occupation
Tech

0602211838a.jpg

0602211838.jpg

0602211803a_HDR.jpg

0602211803_HDR.jpg

0529211359a_HDR.jpg

0516211436.jpg

0516211436_HDR.jpg
So I ended up going with the OME setup, are your wheels stock ? Would love to achieve 33's , is it possible with OEM 18inch wheels ? ( black appearance package) thank in advance

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I ended up going with the OME setup, are your wheels stock ? Would love to achieve 33's , is it possible with OEM 18inch wheels ? ( black appearance package) thank in advance
Yes I have the stock wheels and no spacers. Can you achieve similar with 18 inch wheels? Absolutely. To my understanding it has been confirmed that with size 265/70-18. It will fit with a lift or leveling kit. It also comes out to a 32.6 wich is slightly smaller than the 285/70-17 but with no rubbing you should be good to go!!
Sponsored