First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Hope this is in the right spot and not a repeat, but I couldn't find a post like this already, so here goes.

For those with SuperCabs, here is a pic of where the key attachments are to remove the interior trim.

The red circles are screws (#20 Torx) and the yellow circle is the most problematic plastic fastener. Screws are at the bottom of the door (easy), at the bottom of the handhold below the speaker (below a piece of felt), and behind a clip-on piece of trim next to the door handle (use pick tools to pry loose).

The middle plastic fastener point is difficult to reach with removal tools even after loosening everything else and prone to breaking off the raised plastic post (thank goodness for cyanoacrylate adhesive ;-) ).
2021-04-04 SuperCab Rear Door Attachments.jpg
Sponsored

Wasatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Supercab
Thanks for posting this! I'll definitely used this as a reference when I upgrade the speakers. Is that what you did? If so, what speakers did you go with?

OP
OP

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for posting this! I'll definitely used this as a reference when I upgrade the speakers. Is that what you did? If so, what speakers did you go with?
Might do the speakers someday, but this removal was to install Noico against the outer door and on the backside of the trim in the larger "resonating" areas. My old/abused ears are increasingly bothered by higher pitch sounds like the road noise coming in from the lower door panels and rear panel.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Thanks for this! Will be putting it to good use when I soundproof my SCAB. Well done bro‼

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Thanks for the post an video. I already did the front speakers but dread the rear. That video makes it look more manageable than it appears.

MELsRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat, 2011 M3
I pulled the door card off to fix a rattle in the pillar and these clips remained on the metal door panel. I can’t remove them from the door without fear of bending the
Flimsy Metal hold them in. I think trying to push them back on to the door card would probably not work as they appear to slip into the slot in the card then be pushed into the door hole. Trying to push the card in to the door with these still in place would most likely not seat correctly.
I think my next step is to cut them off with some side cutters and Order more Off Amazon. Any other ideas how to get these out of the door?
19DB80E6-0D48-4DB1-8CED-6A3725A0CF7C.jpeg

OP
OP

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Can't remember for sure, but on mine I believe these were plastic clips rather than metal and they just pulled out with a fork tool (looks like a little pry bar but designed with a fork end to evenly pull exactly this type of plug. They definitely go back in more easily than coming out. The alternative is you can just leave them and then use a soft blow to pop them back into the panel once you are putting it back on.
Sponsored