First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Thanks for the photos Joseph, your fitout looks neat. I am genuinely keen to do something about the safety in the back of the SCAB for my two minions - I have a lot of time and money invested in them :D.

If it is not too much trouble and you get an opportunity could you please let me know the approximate size and weight of the back and base cushions and the headrests? If I have that information I can at least then try and get an idea on approximate shipping costs for these items to Australia. We are unfortunately kind of used to paying a high price for our isolation over here.
I have the stx package so XLT black cloth. 2019 so I have the folding headrests that were deleted for 2020.

You'll also want the center trim pieces that go between the seats at midback and upper back. Otherwise, you'll have an ugly exposed area between the seats. I'll weigh everything this evening. They're bulky, but everything is surprisingly light.
Sponsored

OP
OP
corollavator

corollavator

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Engineer
I have the stx package so XLT black cloth. 2019 so I have the folding headrests that were deleted for 2020.

You'll also want the center trim pieces that go between the seats at midback and upper back. Otherwise, you'll have an ugly exposed area between the seats. I'll weigh everything this evening. They're bulky, but everything is surprisingly light.
Thanks so much mate!

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Hey sorry for the delay! I weighed my seats, headrests, and trim pieces today and the total comes out to 25lbs, or 11.37kg before packaging weight. Pretty bulky though.

OP
OP
corollavator

corollavator

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Engineer
Hey sorry for the delay! I weighed my seats, headrests, and trim pieces today and the total comes out to 25lbs, or 11.37kg before packaging weight. Pretty bulky though.
Thanks so much Joseph. I will look online for some freight quotes. Could you estimate for me the length and width of the back cushion as this will give me an idea of the rough shipping dimensions that a lot of freight providers require.

Kind regards,
Duncan

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Thanks so much Joseph. I will look online for some freight quotes. Could you estimate for me the length and width of the back cushion as this will give me an idea of the rough shipping dimensions that a lot of freight providers require.

Kind regards,
Duncan
Looks like the seatback is (24") 61cm long x (22") 51cm wide. All stacked up, the parts will need a box that's about 24" or 61cm deep.

20210307_221852.jpg

20210307_221712.jpg

20210307_221753.jpg

20210307_221808.jpg

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
If I'm being honest I wish I had those Australian seat backs. I love the old school look. I'm planning on just hauling cargo back there anyway and the flat seat back sure makes it a little easier to build a cargo deck. Overall it's probably not much of a difference though. I love seeing differences between these trucks across the world so thanks for posting those pictures.

OP
OP
corollavator

corollavator

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Engineer
If I'm being honest I wish I had those Australian seat backs. I love the old school look. I'm planning on just hauling cargo back there anyway and the flat seat back sure makes it a little easier to build a cargo deck. Overall it's probably not much of a difference though. I love seeing differences between these trucks across the world so thanks for posting those pictures.
FYI if anyone ever feels like buying a very expensive bit of foam here is the part number for the Australian SCAB Rear Seat Back. P/N EB3B2160032BA3ZHE.

https://halfpriceparts.com.au/produ...ck-assy-new-part?_pos=15&_sid=4564f65e5&_ss=r

dokkerdam

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX SuperCab
Occupation
flight instructor
From my understanding there are 3 classes of seats and 2 color options. Going lowest first is basic cloth seats. Then comes upgraded cloth seats and last is leather seats. Lariat is ether the mid level cloth or leather. Someone else can jump in for more clarity. I have mid cloth in my XLT and their not that bad comfort wise. Not that I could fit back there!
sounds right. there's a base black cloth on the XL but the XLT and STX package XLs have better cloth (and slightly different foam cushions). just for the record I have a black upgrade cloth interior on a supercab with 7500 miles and i'm looking to buy a set of stone or beige cloth seat covers (i like the stone color silly me).

WOADKIL

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
Here's a pic of the mounting since I happened to have my jumps seats off for sound deadening today!
The sound deadening is a great idea! I had removed my rear seat because new from the dealer the rear seat release just did not work, even yanking (Aussie joke here?!?) the release strap violently. Since I was going camping, I did not want the seat stuck in the locked down position and not be able to get to my jack, so I removed it and dropped it off at the dealer to fix it while I was traveling. Even tagged the defective cable for them to focus on. Turns out a cable mount was not locked into place and the cable was just flopping around.

Works like butter now!

Major road noise without the seat in place!

lex1125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
nuthin'
I went the opposite direction with mine
20210305_134215.jpg

I'd offer you my take offs, but I'm sure shipping would be prohibitive..

Here's a pic of the mounting since I happened to have my jumps seats off for sound deadening today!
20210305_133038.jpg
Nice mod!! I'm thinking of doing something similar with my screw cab. I did the doors, but I'm wondering if - because of those air vents - it makes any additional difference in the sound level inside the cab? (I'm also wondering what would happen if I covered them...I seem to remember a thread about that but I can't find it) How much difference did it make? thank you!!

Alex