Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Engineer
Hi All,

With my 2 daughters now just turned teenagers it was getting cramped on the school run in my old single cab - so SuperCab here we come. One of the things I was not happy with however is the lack of head rests in the back due to the likelihood of the girls hitting their head on the back glass in the event of a rear end accident.

So I have been contemplating how to fix this when low and behold I see that you guys in the States get not only head rests but much nicer and thicker "bucket" seats. Now I think I want myself some of these! Is anyone able to assist me with some part numbers for the rear seat in the US SuperCabs and maybe an indication of price if you have had to replace any parts.

Still, could be worse. If I was in South Africa in 2021 I wouldn't have the option of rear seats at all.

Thanks in advance,
Duncan

Rear Seat 1.jpg
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Hi All,

With my 2 daughters now just turned teenagers it was getting cramped on the school run in my old single cab - so SuperCab here we come. One of the things I was not happy with however is the lack of head rests in the back due to the likelihood of the girls hitting their head on the back glass in the event of a rear end accident.

So I have been contemplating how to fix this when low and behold I see that you guys in the States get not only head rests but much nicer and thicker "bucket" seats. Now I think I want myself some of these! Is anyone able to assist me with some part numbers for the rear seat in the US SuperCabs and maybe an indication of price if you have had to replace any parts.

Still, could be worse. If I was in South Africa in 2021 I wouldn't have the option of rear seats at all.

Thanks in advance,
Duncan

Rear Seat 1.jpg
We can definitely help you with that but the first question is mounting points. Ours use hooks and latch down on bottom cushions and back cushions hook in on the bottom and 1 bolt on the top to secure it along with the child seat mount point. Do you have these mounting features too?

OP
OP
corollavator

corollavator

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Engineer
We can definitely help you with that but the first question is mounting points. Ours use hooks and latch down on bottom cushions and back cushions hook in on the bottom and 1 bolt on the top to secure it along with the child seat mount point. Do you have these mounting features too?
Thanks. Looking at photos online the bottom cushion mounts appear to be exactly the same. The backs are different because there are the two separate cushions with 4 hooks while the Aussie version is one piece that has two bolts securing it the bottom. We do have the child seat mount points below the rear window.

Fitting suitable hooks for the seat backs will not be a problem for me. I am a mechanic by trade and an engineer by degree and currently design and certify seating mods on aircraft for a living.

OP
OP
corollavator

corollavator

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Engineer

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Thanks for that. Do you happen to know if the Lariat seats are the same thickness as the XL/XLT? My girls are relatively small and would enjoy more cushioning.
From my understanding there are 3 classes of seats and 2 color options. Going lowest first is basic cloth seats. Then comes upgraded cloth seats and last is leather seats. Lariat is ether the mid level cloth or leather. Someone else can jump in for more clarity. I have mid cloth in my XLT and their not that bad comfort wise. Not that I could fit back there!

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Hi All,

Thanks in advance,
Duncan

Rear Seat 1.jpg
I believe a couple folks on here deleted their rear seats in SuperCabs. They may chime in if willing to sell their removed seats, etc....

OP
OP
corollavator

corollavator

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Engineer
I believe a couple folks on here deleted their rear seats in SuperCabs. They may chime in if willing to sell their removed seats, etc....
That would be great if possible.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Duncan, Levittown Ford has a very good auto parts dept., and are on several Ford forums I frequent. If you can't find any answers you could give them a call if you want. Maybe they can answer your questions, and even help you out in getting the parts you need. I have no idea the cost of shipping though.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/

OP
OP
corollavator

corollavator

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Engineer
Duncan, Levittown Ford has a very good auto parts dept., and are on several Ford forums I frequent. If you can't find any answers you could give them a call if you want. Maybe they can answer your questions, and even help you out in getting the parts you need. I have no idea the cost of shipping though.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/
Thanks for the information Jim.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
That would be great if possible.
Hey Duncan,

Shipping to Australia might make this a bit of a nightmare. I agree that our seats look WAY more comfortable and the headrests are a nice safety feature. There are five parts to look for - seat bottoms, seat backs (with headrests), and a spacer between the seats backs.

Have a look at some of the “rear seat delete” threads to see how they are anchored on our rigs.

Good luck mate!

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
I went the opposite direction with mine
20210305_134215.jpg

I'd offer you my take offs, but I'm sure shipping would be prohibitive..

Here's a pic of the mounting since I happened to have my jumps seats off for sound deadening today!
20210305_133038.jpg

OP
OP
corollavator

corollavator

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Engineer
I went the opposite direction with mine

I'd offer you my take offs, but I'm sure shipping would be prohibitive..

Here's a pic of the mounting since I happened to have my jumps seats off for sound deadening today!
Thanks for the photos Joseph, your fitout looks neat. I am genuinely keen to do something about the safety in the back of the SCAB for my two minions - I have a lot of time and money invested in them :D.

If it is not too much trouble and you get an opportunity could you please let me know the approximate size and weight of the back and base cushions and the headrests? If I have that information I can at least then try and get an idea on approximate shipping costs for these items to Australia. We are unfortunately kind of used to paying a high price for our isolation over here.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Thanks for that. Do you happen to know if the Lariat seats are the same thickness as the XL/XLT? My girls are relatively small and would enjoy more cushioning.
From my understanding there are 3 classes of seats and 2 color options. Going lowest first is basic cloth seats. Then comes upgraded cloth seats and last is leather seats. Lariat is ether the mid level cloth or leather. Someone else can jump in for more clarity. I have mid cloth in my XLT and their not that bad comfort wise. Not that I could fit back there!
The XLT seats will have the more deluxe fabric, Standard ( XL) cloth is available in black only. Premium cloth Seats in either black or Medium Stone (light grey). The Lariat trim is Blk or MS leather front and vinyl rear. For the rear seating at least, I would assume the cushioning is the same. The "tan" is Medium Stone and is much more light grey than these Premium Cloth(XLT) renderings..
INTERIOR 2.jpeg
vehicle.png.jpeg

OP
OP
corollavator

corollavator

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Engineer
The XLT seats will have the more deluxe fabric, Standard ( XL) cloth is available in black only. Premium cloth Seats in either black or Medium Stone (light grey). The Lariat trim is Blk or MS leather front and vinyl rear. For the rear seating at least, I would assume the cushioning is the same. The "tan" is Medium Stone and is much more light grey than these Premium Cloth(XLT) renderings..
INTERIOR 2.jpeg
vehicle.png.jpeg
Great info thanks Chris. The my interior is currently cloth and so the XLT is what I think I need to look for.
Sponsored