Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Project Lead
PXL_20210307_172938803.jpg
PXL_20210307_172618333.jpg

I whipped together a single level platform this weekend for an upcoming trip to Moab where the bed will be taken up by a moto and bicycle. Should have plenty of room for camp gear inside now! Pretty simple construction using 2x2 and 2x1's and wood screws. I used three support legs and two metal L brackets tied into the rear anchor points. I used some paracord to tie down the front when not in use so it's not flopping around. Overall pretty happy with how it turned out and how stout it feels back there.
Sponsored

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
I took out the rear seat on mine today, DAMN i love the room, but the cab is so noisy i cant even enjoy the sound system.......any way to dampen all that freaking nose? is all the noise coming from where the back of the seat used to be? I put my seat back in, way too noisy.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I took out the rear seat on mine today, DAMN i love the room, but the cab is so noisy i cant even enjoy the sound system.......any way to dampen all that freaking nose? is all the noise coming from where the back of the seat used to be? I put my seat back in, way too noisy.
There are two cab vents behind the carpet. The seat also deadens the sound significantly. Same affect as putting furniture in an empty house.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
has anyone figured out how to insulate or whatever to get the cab back to as quiet as it was with the seat in, i stuffed rags in the vents etc, still loud as hell, i have all the stuff for putting shelves back there but the noise is was too much. thanks in advance

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, turns out I was right.

Quick PSA/DIY: removing rear seat is super easy.
All you need is a 13mm(or 1/2 inch socket) and a torx t50 socket. I'd highly recommend a power drill, or at least a 9" extender on your ratchet because there is NO room in between the door jamb.
First step is to fold up the seat bottom. Remove the t-50 bolt that holds the seat belt bracket in place. There's an elastic band holding it down. Just feed the belt up through that (and the other seat belt). There's also one plug you have to undo, the only thing I think it might be for is to monitor if a rear occupant is not wearing their seat belt. Why we actually need that....idk.

There's four 13mm bolts that hold the whole assembly in place. Two on each side underneath a flap of carpet. Undo those.
...and that's it.
SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES

20200420_120904.jpg
20200420_120948.jpg
20200420_124522.jpg
Snapchat-1468896020.jpg
My question is what is under the bench the seat sits on? to me that bench takes up a lot of space that could be used for storage
Sponsored