Super Crew Rear Seat Delete?

V1KT3R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
I know the super cab model has a rear seal delete kit that plenty of threads have posted photos of. My question is has anyone tried to install this on a super crew and can explain why it isn't considered an option for that model? Secondly has anyone found an aftermarket or DIY way to delete the rear seat in a super crew? Bonus points for photos!*

*Bonus points only good for my personal ranking and opinion of you. Not valid for purchases or exchanges.
Sponsored

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
Hey hey, this is something I've been looking into as well. I found a company doing some sweet stuff for the rest of the mini truck crowd. I talked to a guy over there last week, he told me that a rear seat delete for the Supercrew Ranger is in the works. Unfortunately, no ETA. In the meantime, I'm going to get busy with some plywood. I'll post pics once there is something to take a picture of.

Meanwhile, check out the link below to see an example of what they are doing. The truck pictured is a Jeep Gladiator. Would imagine that the execution should be similar.

https://www.goose-gear.com/collections/jeep-gladiator/products/jeep-jt-sleeping-platforms-2019

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
I know the super cab model has a rear seal delete kit that plenty of threads have posted photos of. My question is has anyone tried to install this on a super crew and can explain why it isn't considered an option for that model? Secondly has anyone found an aftermarket or DIY way to delete the rear seat in a super crew? Bonus points for photos!*

*Bonus points only good for my personal ranking and opinion of you. Not valid for purchases or exchanges.
Check out this thread if you haven't seen it already:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/super-crew-rear-seat-removal.7040/

venice james

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger sport 4x4
The back seat is one area Ford really dropped the ball on.Really wished the seat folded flat or was a 60/40 split.It would give extra storage while still carrying one or two passengers in the rear. Did Goose-gear give a time frame for it?

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
The back seat is one area Ford really dropped the ball on.Really wished the seat folded flat or was a 60/40 split.It would give extra storage while still carrying one or two passengers in the rear. Did Goose-gear give a time frame for it?
No ETA from Goose Gear. Just that they are working on it....whatever that means. A 60/40 would have at least been something useful. I did just finish my own project a few days ago. I posted another thread about it with pics. Check it here:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...orage-mission-accomplished.11971/#post-230987

wdubois

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Manager

fortywater12

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
No ETA from Goose Gear. Just that they are working on it....whatever that means. A 60/40 would have at least been something useful. I did just finish my own project a few days ago. I posted another thread about it with pics. Check it here:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...orage-mission-accomplished.11971/#post-230987
Those Goose Gear platforms are really nice. Not sure if I can stomach a likely $1k price tag for it though. Your rear seat delete build inspired mine - I went with a much simpler non-storage option though and tried to keep it as low profile as possible for my GSD.

FourMoreG

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger 4x4 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Driver
A sleep-centric workaround, perhaps, is finding a storage-ottoman piece of furniture, that, after moving the front seat forward and tilted up, fits in the footwell, provides storage space and a temporary “platform“, which widens the bottom rear seat area And without the need to remove the rear seat or rear seat-back. Maybe ?

Last edited:

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Hey hey, this is something I've been looking into as well. I found a company doing some sweet stuff for the rest of the mini truck crowd. I talked to a guy over there last week, he told me that a rear seat delete for the Supercrew Ranger is in the works. Unfortunately, no ETA. In the meantime, I'm going to get busy with some plywood. I'll post pics once there is something to take a picture of.

Meanwhile, check out the link below to see an example of what they are doing. The truck pictured is a Jeep Gladiator. Would imagine that the execution should be similar.

https://www.goose-gear.com/collections/jeep-gladiator/products/jeep-jt-sleeping-platforms-2019
I talked to Goose Gear this weekend and Overland Expo. He told me it is in development and they're close... Thinking end of the year.

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
I am also trying to get a measurement... If anyone has done this, I plan to start over the weekend but trying to get the maximum measurement for how deep this is for the approximate size before I pull the seat out... I am thinking it is going to be somewhere around 30"-34" from the back wall to the center console but won't be able to get an accurate measurement until I remove the seat... Anyone have that measurement?
Sponsored