paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Hi Val,
Our dog Sasha is a lab/border collie mix. Very gentle disposition and a very loving dog. Unsure how she hurt her first knee, however a big GSD that belongs to a neighbor came running up to our fence and spooked Sasha. She twisted to avoid possible contact with the charging GSD and yelped and that took out the other knee. Sheesh...
Sounds like you are a dog expert with showing and breeding Labs. They are great dogs. Good thing you held on to the Merc too!
That's a shame how that happened. I'm so glad we don't have neighbors close by and live out in the country. Yea, it seems like those ACL tears always happen in a split second.

I got out of showing about 12 years ago. Don't really miss it.... it became too much of a professional handler's sport for the most part in my opinion. Less and less owner/handlers in the ring showing. Only part I real enjoyed was the Labrador "Specialty" shows where it was all Labradors being shown and judges were Labrador breeder judges (vs. what we called "all rounder judges", meaning they were approved to judge several breeds but they weren't Labrador breeders)... not so much "politics" and "pro handler face recognition" at those and it was great to get away 3 or 4 days with the dogs and meet up with breeder friends from all over America. Was much more prestige in placing at a large Labrador specialty show under a well respected Labrador breeder judge.

Hope your doggie rehabs just fine. Mine eventually did but she had to go back for a second surgery when she got an infection at the incision site. Turns out she was allergic to what ever rope/wire they used in the procedure and doc had to go back in to take it out. By then though, he felt she had enough scar tissue formed that the knee was stable. She was retired from showing.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I have not been driving my 2022 Ford Ranger Tremor much in the past very much. It has been in our garage just resting for the last month. Lots of spotty rain showers and I hate water spots on black vehicles! (I know, why did you buy it if you're going to just leave it parked in the garage). Anyway, we have had to do a bit of running back and forth to out vet as our one dog has knee issues (Torn ACL in both knees and the surgeon found both knees also have Luxating Patella as well in both knees) Anyway, we have been taking my wife's Explorer as the injured dog rides better in the rear area of her vehicle.

Back to the topic.... I drove my Ranger today for the first time in a month and it is a real pleasure to drive! It is fun to drive, rides great, looks awesome, and comfortable too. Did I mention it looks awesome??? :clap:

So, I just wanted to say how lucky and blessed I am to have such a great midsize truck!

It still makes me smile when I look at it!

Anybody else still think their Ranger is one of the greatest trucks made like I do???
Absolutely! :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Anyway, we have had to do a bit of running back and forth to out vet as our one dog has knee issues (Torn ACL in both knees and the surgeon found both knees also have Luxating Patella as well in both knees)
poor dog. hope he gets better. my wife's pit bull had knee issues too. he finally got the help he needed and is back to chasing deer

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
My son has folding steps that stow behind driver seat so he doesn’t have to body load. Works nice!

I had a mountaineer a 97. Loved that beast. Put about 240K on it and then got handed down to the kids. Still took a beating until my son did it in off-roading. It was like 20 years old, what were you thinking? ?
Oh yea, that's an option and I see people use the little ramps!

I had a 98 Explorer before the Mountaineer. Both 8 cylinders. Good vehicles. I have the white metallic tri-coat paint on the Mountaineer and it still looks really good. Only 123,000 miles on it. It's pretty much just my "farm car" now. I use it to drive back and forth the 700' to the horse barn and every two weeks to Tractor Supply or to the grocery store. I hate taking the Ranger anywhere there are shopping carts!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Got mine at the end of 2020 before it really hit the fan. Been loving every mile driven in it to this day.

I’ll admit it right up front. Still look back at it every single time I walk away from it. Only truck I ever did that with. That’s why I named her Natasha! ?

ok now, how many others look back too? ?
They are just great-looking trucks. Hard not to look back!:clap: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
No I think it was more of being with friends and the last thing you hear is “watch this!”
Came home with half of an exhaust system and a blown differential ?
Ok how does one blow a differential? I’m 65 and that’s a new one on me.. I can see tearing out an exhaust but??? Also hit the drive shaft too maybe?? IDK..

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Fuk Ford Ranger and any American truck for that matter. I'm a manly man in need of a manly truck! Only three choices available worldwide: Russian Truck and Chinese Truck! If you Ranger owners knew what was good for you.... Oh, one that strangely looks like a Ranger knockoff....

maxresdefault.jpeg

China-Dongfeng-Factory-Direct-EV-Pickup-Truck-with-Electric-Pickup-Truck-for-Sale.jpeg

HTB1g5QtDCBYBeNjy0Feq6znmFXa5.jpeg

How about one with the engine in the back?

sht69kxkr2g91.jpg

car-zaz-mp-zaporozhets-car-zaz-mp-zaporozhets-moscow-russia-may-exhibition-retro-cars-moscow-1...jpg

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Ok how does one blow a differential? I’m 65 and that’s a new one on me.. I can see tearing out an exhaust but??? Also hit the drive shaft too maybe?? IDK..
I have one kid and passed down 4 vehicles. They destroyed in a years time, each one of them. Yeah slow learner. I have another kid that bought his own but never had major issues and he was the most daring, go figure

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
How about one with the engine in the back?

sht69kxkr2g91.jpg

car-zaz-mp-zaporozhets-car-zaz-mp-zaporozhets-moscow-russia-may-exhibition-retro-cars-moscow-1...jpg
Now we're talkin' bigtime!!!! :) Da fuk is it?!?! Looks like another wonder from the Soviet Bloc....

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Now we're talkin' bigtime!!!! :) Da fuk is it?!?! Looks like another wonder from the Soviet Bloc....

ZAZ-968MP, low budget rear engined unibody pickup built by Zaporizhzhia Automobile Building Plant, 1990-1994. It was intended for small entrepreneurs in the conditions of the formation of market relations. Air cooled 45hp V4, two cargo compartments - standard front trunk and small bed on the back.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The perfect 'utility vehicle' to serve the Russian Republics after the Soviet Union collapsed....dang....what a mess. :(

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
The perfect 'utility vehicle' to serve the Russian Republics after the Soviet Union collapsed....dang....what a mess. :(
They don’t make quality cars there. They just steal them from all over the globe name your make, color and year and they load them onto cargo ships to bring home! Salute!

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have one kid and passed down 4 vehicles. They destroyed in a years time, each one of them. Yeah slow learner. I have another kid that bought his own but never had major issues and he was the most daring, go figure
Two kids - both bought their own first vehicles. One bought an Isuzi Imark that was parked for a couple of years and looked great. Unfortunately, no one added fuel treatment or drained the fuel.
Boyfriend and his dad were no mechanics.

The other did well and bought a well maintained V6 Mustang that served him well for a number of years until the family came along. Proud of both - two grandkids so far.... :)

My first vehicle - bought myself during my sophmore year. Uncannily, it looked identical to the following, even the color and dog dish hub caps. Not the same hood either. Mine had the 289 A code with C4 auto. My car wished it was this car depicted. A priceless experience. :)

1966-ford-fairlane-r-code-clone-2-door-sedan-1.jpeg

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They are just great-looking trucks. Hard not to look back!:clap: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:
I finally figured out why you park crooked. This way you can look back and see your Ranger from every angle. ??
Sponsored