First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Should be merged with the "Does your Ranger Still Make You Smile?" thread.

But yes, I'm still VERY happy with my truck 30k miles in. No vehicle is perfect, and I have my gripes. But overall I'm still very happy driving it, it makes me smile everyday!

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Two kids - both bought their own first vehicles. One bought an Isuzi Imark that was parked for a couple of years and looked great. Unfortunately, no one added fuel treatment or drained the fuel.
Boyfriend and his dad were no mechanics.

The other did well and bought a well maintained V6 Mustang that served him well for a number of years until the family came along. Proud of both - two grandkids so far.... :)

My first vehicle - bought myself during my sophmore year. Uncannily, it looked identical to the following, even the color and dog dish hub caps. Not the same hood either. Mine had the 289 A code with C4 auto. My car wished it was this car depicted. A priceless experience. :)

1966-ford-fairlane-r-code-clone-2-door-sedan-1.jpeg
Yeah I get it as some of my 9 grandkids and 3 great grandkids get it. Some don’t but WTH we only live once. BTW I rebuilt many 289’s and C4 trannys in my day.. One of my boys actually wanted to learn, the other not so much because it’s someone else’s job. Great thoughts but he’s the one with no money to pay someone else. Tell it to the ✋ . Now he’s homeless by his choice, way unfortunate because he’s could have at least tried to help himself but instead blames everyone else for his woes. Sorry but that crap doesn’t hold any water for me!!! I’ve tried over and again but the end result is the same.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Absolutely, I'm just off to wash mine now. We just got back from an AZ Scorpion type trip on Thursday. Traveled ~3500 Km from where we live in southern Queensland to do a paddle steamer trip on the Murray river in Victoria. Towed our 17.5 foot Jayco pop top and camped the way down 3 days through the outback western roads, and 5 days back up the coast. Spent 5 days down in Victoria. Very easy to do long trips in the Ranger.
Ranger performed faultlessly, towing about 2400 Kg load using diesel at about 13.3 l/100 km (or about 18 US mpg for you guys). Traveled at about 90 to 115 Km /hr most of the time depending on road conditions. Temperatures ranged from about 22 deg c on the coast, to about -3 deg C in Beechworth Victoria. ( woke up in morning to find Ranger covered in Ice!)

I'll do a proper trip write up for general topics with pictures later.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Yeah I get it as some of my 9 grandkids and 3 great grandkids get it. Some don’t but WTH we only live once. BTW I rebuilt many 289’s and C4 trannys in my day.. One of my boys actually wanted to learn, the other not so much because it’s someone else’s job. Great thoughts but he’s the one with no money to pay someone else. Tell it to the ✋ . Now he’s homeless by his choice, way unfortunate because he’s could have at least tried to help himself but instead blames everyone else for his woes. Sorry but that crap doesn’t hold any water for me!!! I’ve tried over and again but the end result is the same.
Life at the Hard Rock Cafe....

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Sorry to hear that mate but there's always time for him wake up to himself. Hopefully something will change in his life and act as a trigger. That's what we parents do we never give up hope for our children.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I have not been driving my 2022 Ford Ranger Tremor much in the past very much. It has been in our garage just resting for the last month. Lots of spotty rain showers and I hate water spots on black vehicles! (I know, why did you buy it if you're going to just leave it parked in the garage). Anyway, we have had to do a bit of running back and forth to out vet as our one dog has knee issues (Torn ACL in both knees and the surgeon found both knees also have Luxating Patella as well in both knees) Anyway, we have been taking my wife's Explorer as the injured dog rides better in the rear area of her vehicle.

Back to the topic.... I drove my Ranger today for the first time in a month and it is a real pleasure to drive! It is fun to drive, rides great, looks awesome, and comfortable too. Did I mention it looks awesome??? :clap:

So, I just wanted to say how lucky and blessed I am to have such a great midsize truck!

It still makes me smile when I look at it!

Anybody else still think their Ranger is one of the greatest trucks made like I do???
Sorry to hear about your pup. Ours that just crossed over had to have that acl surger. good luck.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I always look back at it :)

No joke, my 2020 Supercab STX is the best vehicle that I've ever owned. It's sporty, comfortable, practical and with the Ford Performance/Borla Exhaust, it sounds great when I "get on it."
Same exhaust, love hearing it idle in the garage

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
Sorry to hear about your pup. Ours that just crossed over had to have that acl surger. good luck.
Thank you, John. It is tough sometimes and then they leave us way too soon. If we can help make their lives complete and at the same time get the unwavering love they give us, I think we have done the right thing.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thank you, John. It is tough sometimes and then they leave us way too soon. If we can help make their lives complete and at the same time get the unwavering love they give us, I think we have done the right thing.
I know I’ve gotten more back than what I gave them.

you made me hear this again from Paul Harvey

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
So I have my 2020 FX4 as most aware. It has a whole 3700 miles and just had the starter fail terribly. Took almost 3 weeks to get into dealer to be fixed under warranty. But did not change a thing. I agree still awesome truck for me and my girl. Yes I look back and enjoy the look walking up to it.
Sponsored