First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The majority of aftermarket speakers will improve sound quality and clarity over the stock units. The Kicker RS series are not bad overall. If you haven't done so yet, you might also want to seriously consider also adding sound deadening mat like this to the inside of doors since you'll already be in there replacing the speakers. The sound deadening mat will make a huge improvement in mid-bass response, reduces road noise, and kills the thin tin can sound the doors make when closing them. I did this on mine and it made a huge improvement to the B&O system sound quality on stock speakers. I can only imagine what it'd do for the XL and XLT's when upgrading the speakers.

OP
OP

Dextrose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
HealthCare
The majority of aftermarket speakers will improve sound quality and clarity over the stock units. The Kicker RS series are not bad overall. If you haven't done so yet, you might also want to seriously consider also adding sound deadening mat like this to the inside of doors since you'll already be in there replacing the speakers. The sound deadening mat will make a huge improvement in mid-bass response, reduces road noise, and kills the thin tin can sound the doors make when closing them. I did this on mine and it made a huge improvement to the B&O system sound quality on stock speakers. I can only imagine what it'd do for the XL and XLT's when upgrading the speakers.
Thanks. That's a great idea! Is $49 about the right price for 36sq ft? It sounds like I will only need about 1/2 that amount.

ABKsDad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
For a 4 door Ranger the 36 sq ft. is about right. It should do the doors (outside skin plus some on the interior area) and leave a little left over for the rear of the cab if desired. I have been installing the Noico Sound Deadening mat. It makes the doors sound a lot tighter when opening and closing. You will also need the sound deadening installation wheels such as these to make sure the it sticks to the door skins. Also clean and degrease the door skins prior to installing the material.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Thanks. That's a great idea! Is $49 about the right price for 36sq ft? It sounds like I will only need about 1/2 that amount.
Yes sir. For the super crew it takes about 3 2/3 sheets per door skin to provide adequate coverage. And definitely want one of the rollers like @ABKsDad suggested. Without it the deadening mat won't perform correctly. For the left over can be applied to the rest of the door under the weather barrier. Just be extra careful with the weather barrier, it tears extremely easily, and make sure to seal it back down around the entire edge or it could leak water inside the truck.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Can u let us know how much better the sound is once its installed?

ABKsDad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The sound improvement with the sound deadening material is somewhat subjective. It feels tighter to me, but I am also replacing my speakers with some Infinity Kappas at the same time. So I can not really give you how much better the sounds would be with just the deadening material.

Ford did a pretty good job with the standard XLT speakers and maybe just with the deadening material I might have been happy, but I evntually will be dropping a Kicker Key amp in and I knew that the stock speakers would not survive the additional watts.

I will say that I like how the doors sound now when opening and closing. It is more of a thunk than a twang when closing. Opening them also feels different in that you can feel the additional wieght to the doors.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
As an alternative, you can look at www.Eastwood.com sound deadening material. I’ve used this on all my classic and new cars when upgrading speakers. I’ve never been sorry.

the pictures below show sound deadening mat used in a classic convertible. The difference is in no way subjective to road noise. It blocks a lot of the stone, dirt or water sounds that splash up on the car. When installed under the hood, engine noise is quieted down. All of this plays into being able to hear your conversations or music better.

BC6BE8B0-1FAD-4416-A605-412D0D9AE981.jpeg

4B1BD2AF-CAF4-4EC6-B73C-745F0786D1AE.jpeg

Last edited:

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
OP
OP

Dextrose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
HealthCare
Did you get these installed? Curious on the improvement and install process.
Nope. These are on backorder for who knows how long. Thanks for all the suggestions. This forum ROCKS!

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Dex did you ever pull the trigger on these?

OP
OP

Dextrose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
HealthCare
Hey Dex did you ever pull the trigger on these?
Nope. Got busy with life(Covid, Elderly parents, Grandkids) Its all good, just been busy
Sponsored