Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
  • Banned
Anybody got a good source for Jeep parts? I'm hesitant to join a Jeep forum and have browsed them all I can stand for what I need.

Looking for a transmission oil cooler line for my '95 YJ 2.5. Specifically it's the line from the cooler to the radiator. It's got the stupid Mopar duckbill quick connect on the radiator side, a bit of hardline and a clamp on the cooler side.

Might have to try and have one built. I've heard Napa might do it?

Luckily it let go at the quick connect backing out of the garage. Most damage was to my garage floor and driveway. Left a nice red stripe. Got the oil dry down quick so it should be okay.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Nick @ Kolak Off Road is highly revered in the Jeep community.

He knows WJ Grand Cherokees extremely well and I have been very happy with my dealings with him, though he deals with all Jeeps and not just the WJ platform.

You can find him on FB at Kolak Performance and Off Road or you can email him at [email protected]

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Anybody got a good source for Jeep parts? I'm hesitant to join a Jeep forum and have browsed them all I can stand for what I need.

Looking for a transmission oil cooler line for my '95 YJ 2.5. Specifically it's the line from the cooler to the radiator. It's got the stupid Mopar duckbill quick connect on the radiator side, a bit of hardline and a clamp on the cooler side.

Might have to try and have one built. I've heard Napa might do it?

Luckily it let go at the quick connect backing out of the garage. Most damage was to my garage floor and driveway. Left a nice red stripe. Got the oil dry down quick so it should be okay.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Have you tried Rock Auto?

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
  • Banned
Nick @ Kolak Off Road is highly revered in the Jeep community.

He knows WJ Grand Cherokees extremely well and I have been very happy with my dealings with him, though he deals with all Jeeps and not just the WJ platform.

You can find him on FB at Kolak Performance and Off Road or you can email him at [email protected]
Thanks. I'll shoot him an email.

Have you tried Rock Auto?
Was one of the first places I tried. If anything they're usually good for a part number at least. The part is a ghost.

This is the best drawing I can find online.

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/par...ng/oil_cooler_lines.html?filter=(E=EPE;T=DGD)

As you can see, every part listed is discontinued. And the part I need, #5, isn't even listed.

Old cars are fun!

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
+1 for Kolak. We drove a new '94ZJ for nearly 25 years. Kolak is a great source and has good group buys (jeepforum . com)

There are also dealer parts departments online that sell nearly wholesale. Haven't used them for several years. Should be able to find references on jeepform . com

Discontinued parts is one reason I don't miss our ZJ.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
  • Banned
I contacted Kolak, as I suspected, short of finding one in salvage yard it's gonna be impossible to find.

Luckily they confirmed that our plan for building our own line is the way to go.

I'll be opening up that can of worms Saturday morning.

Thanks again guys, that Kolak reference may not have fully paid off this time, but I'm gonna keep them in my back pocket.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
  • Banned
Hosing is all squared away. All Mopar quick connect are out and a lot of unnecessary hardline has been removed.

Noticed the radiator was weak and leaking at the trans cooler fitting while under there. New one from Napa is en route to my local store from accross the metro area. New radiator has barbed fittings for the trans cooler lines so I should be set once that comes in.

Radiator was very cheap. I doubt it lasts long. But I could get it today. I'll probably pick up a better one to have around for it's eventual failure.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hosing is all squared away. All Mopar quick connect are out and a lot of unnecessary hardline has been removed.

Noticed the radiator was weak and leaking at the trans cooler fitting while under there. New one from Napa is en route to my local store from accross the metro area. New radiator has barbed fittings for the trans cooler lines so I should be set once that comes in.

Radiator was very cheap. I doubt it lasts long. But I could get it today. I'll probably pick up a better one to have around for it's eventual failure.
Hi Doug,

Look what I found in my junk drawer when looking for a Ford Decal...

milk.jpg

I have no idea why I have these...

Best,
Phil

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Those QD’s failed me in my XJ too but I was on the highway, rushing to pick up my kids from school. I made my own hoses with better connectors and they have worked great for the past 10 years.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Hi Doug,

Look what I found in my junk drawer when looking for a Ford Decal...

milk.jpg

I have no idea why I have these...

Best,
Phil
Very cool Phil.

As you might expect. I've got a small collection of Dairy paraphernalia. On top of my dairy's collector bottles from throughout the years I've got a few oddballs.

I found this in a Black Hills antique shop...

20220423_150442.jpg

And this was a special run of Red Velvet milk a Missouri dairy did welcoming Patrick Mahommes as a starter for the Chiefs. Called them up to order the bottle and cap and filled it with aquarium sand.

20220423_150513.jpg

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Those QD’s failed me in my XJ too but I was on the highway, rushing to pick up my kids from school. I made my own hoses with better connectors and they have worked great for the past 10 years.
Ouch!

I'll be happy to have them gone. I don't rely on the Jeep, but the kid will be driving it a lot. Don't want to pay for a transmission if one lets loose going down the road and she doesn't catch it.
Sponsored