Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Every time Sync doesn't do what I want it to when I'm talking to it, I think of GlaDOS. How awesome would it be to get a voice upgrade to make it sound like that, hahah.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

If you ever find one, i'd love to know how! I have spent so much time in Portal, especially 2 (and in co-op) and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity with the color and technology combination.
Sponsored

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Damm! Crazy adventure for sure! Sorry to hear about your ankle!

OP
OP
Gizmokid2005

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
not everyone buys a 4X4 truck for hard core offroading like the Baja 1000...but we all would take grandmas civic to the track for a few hot laps if she gave us the keys.

All you did was find your limits and the trucks/tires that day.
The truck fared better than you in the end and you were having fun until then

thats all that matters.
Exactly. I always push my trucks when I own them, in the snow more than offroad, but both, same as I do my cars. I find comfortable limits so I know how they perform and how to handle them. I took the Mustang to the track a few times and had a blast. GLaDOS will get a lot more time off the pavement as time goes on.

The truck fared better, but hey, it was still a good time and now I have a story to tell!

Damm! Crazy adventure for sure! Sorry to hear about your ankle!
Sure was! Thanks! It's healing well enough, still a long road until I can get back behind the wheel.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks, I been a similar situation before minus the broken ankle. However, that's probably because I couldn't even get out of the truck, as my passenger rear was a few feet in the air. Only thing I could do was hold on and call for help over the radio to my buddy.

Another friend of my did the same as you with the ankle, only worce. He was starting the Rubicon at the gate keeper, tripped, and then had to be air lifted out.

Crap happens, it's important to be prepared and never wheel alone. My Ranger is for light trails, my other two more serious rigs have full roll cages.

Rest up, and we'll go wheeling when you're better.

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch! heal up quickly!

OP
OP
Gizmokid2005

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Well said. My thoughts exactly.
That sucks, I been a similar situation before minus the broken ankle. However, that's probably because I couldn't even get out of the truck, as my passenger rear was a few feet in the air. Only thing I could do was hold on and call for help over the radio to my buddy.

Another friend of my did the same as you with the ankle, only worce. He was starting the Rubicon at the gate keeper, tripped, and then had to be air lifted out.

Crap happens, it's important to be prepared and never wheel alone. My Ranger is for light trails, my other two more serious rigs have full roll cages.

Rest up, and we'll go wheeling when you're better.
I can't imagine being in that position! Something something wild ride? haha.

I'm really lucky, it could have been so much worse, the fact that I was able to get to the hospital under my own power was impressive on its own.

You know it, I do my best to never wheel alone, I may take some well known trails that are effectively vehicle-width hiking trails through woods on my own, but I never go alone, or if I do, not in a place without cell phone service. I don't really have any plans to hit any trails that my Ranger can't handle, I'm pretty lightweight when it comes to wheeling.

I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully by mid-next month I'll be back in good shape again.
looks like you coulda walked on it the rest of the week
Haha, 'tis but a fleshwound!!!
Ouch! heal up quickly!
Thanks! I'm healing up more quickly than I had anticipated, but it's still slow.

OP
OP
Gizmokid2005

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Found a pic of a similar situation...fun times..:clap:

full&d=0.jpg
Haha, we all of those moments we remember! I don't think I've ever really been precariously stuck (except this time), but I have worked through cleaning up trails I go down back in Michigan and just generally take it easy when I'm out there.