Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
So what is the actual fix for this?
I attacked the problem a little differently. I noticed that my truck had the lean since new. When I lowered it, the lean was more obvious and it bothered me enough to run extra air on the left to even it out.
Go look at the front of your lower leaf spring under the main leafā€¦ is it touching? Is there a gap? Now compare that to the other side. I machined a billet clamp to squeeze the gapped side together and now itā€™s so much better! I donā€™t need uneven air pressure now, it handles and rides better and traction is a lot more controllable. Important to note that my truck is already quite modified so my fix may not apply to everyone.

6E02F97C-ED3A-4687-A6ED-8EF65000B4CA.jpeg

DBB6E4F3-1942-46E6-A3DC-1A3B6E2952A0.jpeg

C10CBA97-4C0E-47CE-A6DC-14D7DEAA08A3.jpeg

1834AED9-FC73-4510-AA0F-A0B3869DC01E.jpeg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I attacked the problem a little differently. I noticed that my truck had the lean since new. When I lowered it, the lean was more obvious and it bothered me enough to run extra air on the left to even it out.
Go look at the front of your lower leaf spring under the main leafā€¦ is it touching? Is there a gap? Now compare that to the other side. I machined a billet clamp to squeeze the gapped side together and now itā€™s so much better! I donā€™t need uneven air pressure now, it handles and rides better and traction is a lot more controllable. Important to note that my truck is already quite modified so my fix may not apply to everyone.

6E02F97C-ED3A-4687-A6ED-8EF65000B4CA.jpeg

DBB6E4F3-1942-46E6-A3DC-1A3B6E2952A0.jpeg

C10CBA97-4C0E-47CE-A6DC-14D7DEAA08A3.jpeg

1834AED9-FC73-4510-AA0F-A0B3869DC01E.jpeg
Interesting, I'll have to look at mine. Do you have drawing or are you going to make them? I'd take mine in black not yellow. :D

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Interesting, I'll have to look at mine. Do you have drawing or are you going to make them? I'd take mine in black not yellow. :D
Iā€™m not sure itā€™s cost effective for me to make but Iā€™m always open to making things. Thereā€™s a $20 steel clamp available from Jegs.
I want to know how this trick works on a more stock configuration before I worry about a product yet.
And noā€¦. I only work in yellow and everyone else must suffer. šŸ˜¬

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Iā€™m not sure itā€™s cost effective for me to make but Iā€™m always open to making things. Thereā€™s a $20 steel clamp available from Jegs.
I want to know how this trick works on a more stock configuration before I worry about a product yet.
And noā€¦. I only work in yellow and everyone else must suffer. šŸ˜¬
My truck is stock suspension wise other than Bilstein rear shocks and Sumo springs. I'll look at springs when I get the chance. Right now we are getting someuch needed rain. I'll also check out the Jegs site.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
My truck is stock suspension wise other than Bilstein rear shocks and Sumo springs. I'll look at springs when I get the chance. Right now we are getting someuch needed rain. I'll also check out the Jegs site.
Damn, Iā€™m in Md and itā€™s been raining for almost a week now. Iā€™m so used to my traction control light flashing that I hardly even notice it now.
Sponsored