First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Someone will bid an obscene amount of money, and it will end up being a garage queen.
Engine will probably never see over 1500 rpm, just to drive it onto the transport truck. :frown:
Sad but true.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Marpater

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
Someone will bid an obscene amount of money, and it will end up being a garage queen.
Engine will probably never see over 1500 rpm, just to drive it onto the transport truck. :frown:
It is truly unfortunate, but true. My son purchased a 66 El Camino from a collector in the San Diego area when he was stationed out there, he was saying the guy had several collector like the an original GT500, a Ford GT, a Ford Pantera and several other collectors, never driven, just purchased for investment.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see what Shelby could do with a Ranger package.

Roush, Hennessy, and Ford Performance have pretty much became a cosmetic product brands for the most part.

How cool could a Super Snake Ranger possibly be?

FasterGT350

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, 2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Quality Control
I owned a 2020 GT500, was way too much horsepower for the street, tried to use it as a daily driver, that car is just not cut out for it, gets away from you way to easily, and the gas mileage ouch. But to each their own. Mine was Not a garage queen.

OP
OP
Marpater

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
I'd like to see what Shelby could do with a Ranger package.

Roush, Hennessy, and Ford Performance have pretty much became a cosmetic product brands for the most part.

How cool could a Super Snake Ranger possibly be?
Oooooo, that would be fun, shoe horn a 3.0 or 3.5 twin turbo V6 under the hood, lowered about 2 inches, some fat baloney's bolted on the rear pushing about 400 hp & 425 ftlb's fun fun......

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
All the performance upgrades that Shelby American does are just bolt-ons from various manufacturers that anyone could do for a fraction of the cost. The thing that makes a Shelby car unique are the cosmetic items that aren't available unless you buy one of their cars or trucks.

BTW, they have 3 F150 conversions, one Raptor conversion and one F250 conversion.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I owned a 2020 GT500, was way too much horsepower for the street, tried to use it as a daily driver, that car is just not cut out for it, gets away from you way to easily, and the gas mileage ouch. But to each their own. Mine was Not a garage queen.
I have enough trouble keeping my foot out of my Ranger let alone some crazy machine that would DEFINITLY get away from me...lol
I would need a therapist to drive that thing daily and not kill myself.....