First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
So this will be the first time I've driven Ol' Blue in snow...and I have to admit all the safety aids were very appreciated! But NONE more so than the remote start :D

I did have presence of mind to actually deactivate the nifty power fold mirrors I got...I didn't want to risk the motors and gears.

This is cool as it is SE Texas but man...this stuff needs to go back up north where it belongs.

truck and car.jpg
Sponsored

bamahater

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
So this will be the first time I've driven Ol' Blue in snow...and I have to admit all the safety aids were very appreciated! But NONE more so than the remote start :D

I did have presence of mind to actually deactivate the nifty power fold mirrors I got...I didn't want to risk the motors and gears.

This is cool as it is SE Texas but man...this stuff needs to go back up north where it belongs.

truck and car.jpg
283980B9-74CD-4739-836B-2EFA1C5D2077.jpeg

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
That's just a dusting! Back in 2017 we had 3 Nor'easters in 3 weeks time, during the 3rd one we awoke at 2 am to no heat, the snow had drifted over the back side of the roof and blocked the furnace vent which was 2.5 feet above the roof. You haven't experienced winter until you're on your roof at 2 am shoveling snow in blizzard conditions, below is the wife's Ridgeline after the first storm :p
rl.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What the heck is going on with this weather.... Snow in TX? I'm screwed if it snows like that in the valley because there's only one other place warmer than here. :devil:

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Crazy in Oklahoma too. Breaking over 100 yr old records for Temps. We were -8 this morn, 2 today and supposed to be -17 tonight. We've been below freezing for 10 days straight with 4 more to go and more snow coming tomorrow night. Only break has been that we didn't get the 20" snow they expected only 6" or so. We haven't had a cold snap like this for this long since I was a kid 40 yrs ago. Ponds, lakes, rivers completely frozen and any moisture in air becomes snow so flurries every day. Reminds me of being in Colorado or up north.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Crazy in Oklahoma too. Breaking over 100 yr old records for Temps. We were -8 this morn, 2 today and supposed to be -17 tonight. We've been below freezing for 10 days straight with 4 more to go and more snow coming tomorrow night. Only break has been that we didn't get the 20" snow they expected only 6" or so. We haven't had a cold snap like this for this long since I was a kid 40 yrs ago. Ponds, lakes, rivers completely frozen and any moisture in air becomes snow so flurries every day. Reminds me of being in Colorado or up north.
Hi Folks,

Record breaking temps in much of the USA South. Friend in Huston TX says that the houses and plumbing are not built for this...Power outages. His quote..."At lease we have Wine, Bacon and Steak"....

We are only ha high of 62° today...low in the upper 30s... Wednesday when I face being fitted with Hearing Aids at Costco (wife's idea)...only 59°...Brrrrrrrrrrr!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
maybe covid has affected the environment in such a way, that keeping people home has reduced pollution and greenhouse gasses, and therefore global warming has been eliminated.

Yay...something good has come from covid.

Greta...any comments??

How Dare You.jpg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Hi Folks,

Record breaking temps in much of the USA South. Friend in Huston TX says that the houses and plumbing are not built for this...Power outages. His quote..."At lease we have Wine, Bacon and Steak"....

We are only ha high of 62° today...low in the upper 30s... Wednesday when I face being fitted with Hearing Aids at Costco (wife's idea)...only 59°...Brrrrrrrrrrr!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil, DM me please as I’ve been through this myself. Can give you some tips

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
What the heck is going on with this weather.... Snow in TX? I'm screwed if it snows like that in the valley because there's only one other place warmer than here. :devil:

Global Warming

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
For once we’re getting a break in New England. The last storm passed us by. Seems like the last few whole country is getting hammered and we’re just cruising along.

A18D3311-8678-4158-8742-324768A4868A.jpeg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Stay the hell away from I35:eek:

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Hi Folks,

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Good luck with the hearing aids I have worn them for 35 years, you get used to them. the technology is phenomenal with them nowadays.

OP
OP

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
Our friends in FLA are talking about tornadoes...

My weather station is showing 13 degrees as of 9:22 PM. Our local news station is reporting temps that are breaking 122 year old records.

Our electricity is back on, our cable/internet is back and we have comfort again. I just hope this is the case for the rest of the folks around here and anywhere else this cruddy weather is hitting.

BUT...my Ranger provided transport and access to fuel, wifi and comfort as well.

But again, the traction control and ABS was spot on...and these Bridgestones...hell yeah.
Sponsored