Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
OOOOoooooyaaaaa:like:
WQZOOtU.jpg

TlwjzXh.jpg

sM4zyGG.jpg

Now to see about installing this by my self...wish I had some friends nearby but this is the way...if I can install the lift and exhaust alone then I'll figure this one out...:whew:
You got this! I like the foam better than then the spray foam I had to deal with but that's pretty minor haha
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I got this...Done:)
I tried using the box method but working alone, I wasn't able manage lifting them another 7" and simultaneously insert the bolts...ended up balancing them on a jack and that worked perfectly...
nEHbyjU.jpg

78khwRT.jpg

I now understand which hole needs drilling...bottom passenger mount. As it is, all mounting points are secured with two bolts except this on...I'll take care of this when I can access a lift to get a drill underneath...
36us0K2.jpg

EGYhwem.jpg

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
The passenger rear stick nut doesn't need drilling, were you able to get that bolt in? Though even without it, it's perfectly usable as a step until you get to it. It took me a good 3 weeks before I got the passenger front drilled

I got this...Done:)
I tried using the box method but working alone, I wasn't able manage lifting them another 7" and simultaneously insert the bolts...ended up balancing them on a jack and that worked perfectly...
nEHbyjU.jpg

78khwRT.jpg

I now understand which hole needs drilling...bottom passenger mount. As it is, all mounting points are secured with two bolts except this on...I'll take care of this when I can access a lift to get a drill underneath...
36us0K2.jpg

EGYhwem.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The passenger rear stick nut doesn't need drilling, were you able to get that bolt in? Though even without it, it's perfectly usable as a step until you get to it. It took me a good 3 weeks before I got the passenger front drilled
I meant to say passenger front...they're all in except for this one...I'm going to fix that tomorrow...:)

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
I meant to say passenger front...:)
Scratch that, I misread it. You said all mounting points except this have 2 bolts and I was thinking you had 2 total on the passenger side. I'm a bird brain and trying to wrap up work for the day haha. Glad you got it installed!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Scratch that, I misread it. You said all mounting points except this have 2 bolts and I was thinking you had 2 total on the passenger side. I'm a bird brain and trying to wrap up work for the day haha. Glad you got it installed!
LOL...it was actually pretty easy except for the weight...I think I did the whole thing around an hour by my self...without a floor jack, this would've been very difficult if not impossible without a couple of friends...

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Yeah, it's not bad, I think my box might have been bigger (and filled with spray foam lol), so I was able to solo and use that. I only remember having to lift a few inches to get each horizontal bolt lined up and started

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's not bad, I think my box might have been bigger (and filled with spray foam lol), so I was able to solo and use that. I only remember having to lift a few inches to get each horizontal bolt lined up and started
Now...how to get rid of this huge ass box of foam? I can't imagine taking it to dump and adding it to a landfill...o_O:facepalm:...haha burn it or throw it into the ocean you say? Kidding:)

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Used my buddies set of matco drill bits, 1/2 to start and 9/16 to clearance it just enough for the bolt, iirc. Great bits, BTW, made short work of it.

Mike

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone drilled the hole yet? What type of drill bit did you use?
Hi Sid,

I have two sets of Cobalt drill bits...Just bought a full set up to ½" as a few of my other set were broken and I replaced with hardware grade. Cobalt will drill through some of the toughest materials so much better in medium like warm butter :)

Pricey but worth it. When installing my base plates to tow my Ranger, I reduced a half inch hardware store bit to a smoking POS. Grabbed my cobalt bit and no problem...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Also, a little cutting fluid will definitely help.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Sid,

I have two sets of Cobalt drill bits...Just bought a full set up to ½" as a few of my other set were broken and I replaced with hardware grade. Cobalt will drill through some of the toughest materials so much better in medium like warm butter :)

Pricey but worth it. When installing my base plates to tow my Ranger, I reduced a half inch hardware store bit to a smoking POS. Grabbed my cobalt bit and no problem...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks for the tip Phil...:like:

Also, a little cutting fluid will definitely help.
Yes, especially if I could turn the truck upside down:LOL:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Thanks for the tip Phil...:like:

Yes, especially if I could turn the truck upside down:LOL:
Lol that’s why you only need a little. You can put it on the bit too!
Sponsored