Shrockworks Rock Sliders on site and on sale.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
How functional are these as steps? Slippery when wet? Wide enough? I'm really interested :D
Sponsored

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
How functional are these as steps? Slippery when wet? Wide enough? I'm really interested :D
think its gonna depend..... size 9 combat boots don't fit very well on there. haven't tried it with other shoes since that's what i wear 99% of the time. works great for the wife, but she has a grab handle on her side. i wish it was a little wider, but they look great and are solid!

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You have to place your foot parallel with the slider when you step on them, which is how I use running boards/steps anyway, but my size 13 foot fits on it. To be fair, I donā€™t really need steps, as Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ and have zero problems entering and exiting the vehicle. But my wife, my son, and my dog have already made use of them. Also, not slippery when wet so far as I can tell, the step plates have offered good traction when Iā€™ve used a squeegee on the roof after a wash.

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2013 Ford Explorer, 1977 BMW R100/7
I installed mine today. Very happy with them. They are very well made and the fit and finish is great. The install was very straight forward. Even the packing was top notch.

20191012_153830.jpg

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't seem to figure out what "dimpled tread plates" they're referring to in the options. All the pictures I see are exactly the same sliders. :inspect:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't seem to figure out what "dimpled tread plates" they're referring to in the options. All the pictures I see are exactly the same sliders. :inspect:
Those top plates with the holes that are ā€œdimpledā€ are the ones theyā€™re referring to. Iā€™ve also yet to see a set of them without the plates.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Those top plates with the holes that are ā€œdimpledā€ are the ones theyā€™re referring to. Iā€™ve also yet to see a set of them without the plates.
Thatā€™s what I figured, thank you. My wife wants me to throw some side steps on it and Iā€™m thinking I might as well get some rock sliders while Iā€™m at it.

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In case youā€™re wondering if theyā€™ll hold the truck up. The yellow jack is only compressing the coilover. And as you can see, there isnā€™t any less gap from the body at the jack point. Solid as a rock.

2E9F4E52-6835-4205-AA7C-D02178B09522.jpeg

Last edited:

day_sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Ranger
I was just wondering if I could use them as a jack point last night when I was installing my new rims/tires . Good to know!

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
I was just wondering if I could use them as a jack point last night when I was installing my new rims/tires . Good to know!
look at the jack stand... jack is just for show.

j/k.... i have them and they are stout!!!

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Do they stick out past the outer body line? That' the key for side protection, even if it's in the mall parking lot.

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do they stick out past the outer body line? That' the key for side protection, even if it's in the mall parking lot.
Yes, it's not much, but they do stick out past the body line just a tad. "Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning". Lol sorry, I couldn't resist.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it's not much, but they do stick out past the body line just a tad. "Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning". Lol sorry, I couldn't resist.
You must live your life a quarter mile at a time...:giggle: