Shrockworks Rock Sliders on site and on sale.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Not a bad price for sliders. Are they robust enough to actually act as a slider or are they just a step.
I wasn’t exaggerating when I said “it’s probably the most sturdy part of the truck now.” What you’re looking at is thick-walled tubular and square steel. The frame will bend before these sliders do.

61E7F358-E9F7-4C59-A12F-01B67BE95E80.jpeg
Sponsored

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Alright truck is washed up, here’s some more pics. I took some pics low and away so you can see the underside of the truck. The sliders are flush with the frame so they don’t cost you an inch of ground clearance. And they do a nice job of cleaning up (covering up) where the body meets the frame. The Shrockworks decals didn’t come installed, and I’m not typically a decal guy, but I thought they have nice logo so I thought I’d try it on.

4EA09FB1-776E-46FF-8B1D-830083339EBB.jpeg

A0C0C71F-3F86-442E-8192-15EE46992899.jpeg

7684C8C0-8C06-4FCB-92F3-1F239C615F7B.jpeg

E7F838F9-96B8-44B8-8783-98814E48C5B4.jpeg

day_sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Ranger
Alright truck is washed up, here’s some more pics. I took some pics low and away so you can see the underside of the truck. The sliders are flush with the frame so they don’t cost you an inch of ground clearance. And they do a nice job of cleaning up (covering up) where the body meets the frame. The Shrockworks decals didn’t come installed, and I’m not typically a decal guy, but I thought they have nice logo so I thought I’d try it on.

4EA09FB1-776E-46FF-8B1D-830083339EBB.jpeg

A0C0C71F-3F86-442E-8192-15EE46992899.jpeg

7684C8C0-8C06-4FCB-92F3-1F239C615F7B.jpeg

E7F838F9-96B8-44B8-8783-98814E48C5B4.jpeg

Looks good man! Cant wait to get mine installed this weekend

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Those do look really good! Overkill for anything I would be using the truck for though.

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
The “stick nuts”..... how did ya leave them?

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine. Customer service was A++, the quality was perfect, and the install could not have been easier. These are hands down the best sliders I have ever installed.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The “stick nuts”..... how did ya leave them?
I bent the tabs in towards the frame and backwards so they wouldn’t catch/collect anything and also centered inside the oval hole so they wouldn’t chatter against the frame. So long as they don’t chatter I’ll leave them alone, but if they do I’ll use a small screw to secure them to the frame.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
I bent the tabs in towards the frame and backwards so they wouldn’t catch/collect anything and also centered inside the oval hole so they wouldn’t chatter against the frame. So long as they don’t chatter I’ll leave them alone, but if they do I’ll use a small screw to secure them to the frame.
Do you have any chatter of the slider arms bouncing on the body pinch welds? I have custom rock sliders installed on mine and when I go over bumps, the sliders starting bouncing on the pinch welds and it gets annoying.

Still trying to figure out what the best way to reduce the chatter. The tabs that you bent towards the frame and back - are you referring to the pinch welds?

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
Do you have any chatter of the slider arms bouncing on the body pinch welds? I have custom rock sliders installed on mine and when I go over bumps, the sliders starting bouncing on the pinch welds and it gets annoying.

Still trying to figure out what the best way to reduce the chatter. The tabs that you bent towards the frame and back - are you referring to the pinch welds?
they shouldn't move at all, much less hit the body on a bump. Is something loose or did you lose a bolt?

the tabs he is talking about are long pieces of metal attached to the nut to be able to place it inside the frame to screw the bolts holding the rock sliders to the frame.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
they shouldn't move at all, much less hit the body on a bump. Is something loose or did you lose a bolt?

the tabs he is talking about are long pieces of metal attached to the nut to be able to place it inside the frame to screw the bolts holding the rock sliders to the frame.
Nope, mine are pin welded on to the frame so they're rock solid. It's not that it's moving because it's loose, when I'm driving over bumpy roads when the whole vehicle vibrates (for the lack of a better word), the pinch welds and slider arms are just bouncing off of each other.

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
Nope, mine are pin welded on to the frame so they're rock solid. It's not that it's moving because it's loose, when I'm driving over bumpy roads when the whole vehicle vibrates (for the lack of a better word), the pinch welds and slider arms are just bouncing off of each other.
then they are mounted too close to the body. factory body mounts are rubber and have some give and you have to account for that. the only way I see to fix this would be to lower the sliders or maybe change out the body mounts for polyurethane ones, if anyone is making them yet.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

BagMan is correct, I was referring to the “stick nuts.” I have absolutely zero chatter. I just drove across an extremely bumpy field yesterday and the truck’s body, suspension, and newly installed sliders were virtually silent.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
then they are mounted too close to the body. factory body mounts are rubber and have some give and you have to account for that. the only way I see to fix this would be to lower the sliders or maybe change out the body mounts for polyurethane ones, if anyone is making them yet.
Yep, I'm fully aware that there's give and that it's a spacing issue. Not just in the body mounts but also flex in the frame and cab.

I'm wondering what people's solutions have been to this issue since I know it's not uncommon to have. Is there any "right" way to notch/shave down pinch welds?

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
I'm wondering what people's solutions have been to this issue since I know it's not uncommon to have. Is there any "right" way to notch/shave down pinch welds?
I wouldn't grind them. I have seen them bent over some. the right way is to grind the welds on the rock sliders and move them down 3/8".
Sponsored