Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Came across these on eBay and Amazon..

Does anyone know if they fit our US trucks??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VLAND-2-LE...nger-2015-2020-Lamps-Sequential-/133602435616

676B7536-545E-45C3-A164-B6CBEB09D761.jpeg
I'm betting not, based on the experiences of people trying to fit other headlights from ROW Rangers. Fit maybe close but not exact. Seen to remember one bracket is different. Also wiring is different. Too bad they look kind of cool. Probably not SAE certified. Are they for left or right hand Drive? Funny the one picture does look like a US Ranger.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
The big connector looks like the correct one for the US Rangers. I'm guessing the small one is for DRL? All the tabs appear correct but that's hard to say for sure.

Looks like they ship from NJ and offer free returns

Screenshot_20210102-103057.png

OP
OP

alex13jk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
The big connector looks like the correct one for the US Rangers. I'm guessing the small one is for DRL? All the tabs appear correct but that's hard to say for sure.

Looks like they ship from NJ and offer free returns

Screenshot_20210102-103057.png
Anybody brave enough to be the test mule? ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Sent the vendor a question about fitting the US version of the 2019-2020 Ranger.

Hopefully good news.

I will post when I get a response.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
"LED" and "Reflector" do not belong in the same sentence. LED's require a projector-type housing to be optimally efficient. These will throw light everywhere, including into the eyes of oncoming traffic. Don't waste your time with these or put LED bulbs in OEM housings. Morimoto is coming out with true LED headlights sometime in the spring that will be worth their hefty price tag.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The vendor responded and said that yes, they will fit the US spec Ranger.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
"LED" and "Reflector" do not belong in the same sentence. LED's require a projector-type housing to be optimally efficient. These will throw light everywhere, including into the eyes of oncoming traffic. Don't waste your time with these or put LED bulbs in OEM housings. Morimoto is coming out with true LED headlights sometime in the spring that will be worth their hefty price tag.
The 2021 c-hr comes with LED reflectors from the factory. These look like they work just like the Toyota LED reflectors. Sticking an LED in a socket that's made for a halogen is a bad idea but these are not that. That being said, will cheap ebay headlights work as well as OEM headlights? Who knows

Screenshot_20210103-095018.png

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
The 2021 c-hr comes with LED reflectors from the factory. These look like they work just like the Toyota LED reflectors. Sticking an LED in a socket that's made for a halogen is a bad idea but these are not that. That being said, will cheap ebay headlights work as well as OEM headlights? Who knows

Screenshot_20210103-095018.png
It says right at the bottom that they are "projector" headlights. Photos I've seen show projectors as well. Honda does have some reflector-style headlights for the CR-V and I've seen some on the Accord I believe. These are individual LED pods, kind of how the projectors on the Acuras are aligned. Those are purpose-built and much different than a single or even two reflector pods on the VLand unit.

The Morimotos will be pricey but they're DOT approved, well-made (I believe in the USA), and will give the look people want.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
The vendor responded and said that yes, they will fit the US spec Ranger.
Did you contact the fleabay vendor or the actual Vland vendor? The actual Vland web site shows them as currently pre-sale only and shipping from China when available. Also as either "full LED" or "Matrix Projector". Their Ranger search only goes up to 2018. Buyer beware

Edit: Also all other pictures show a ROW Ranger Tremor. Only tat one photo shows what appears to be a US spec Ranger.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Did you contact the fleabay vendor or the actual Vland vendor? The actual Vland web site shows them as currently pre-sale only and shipping from China when available. Also as either "full LED" or "Matrix Projector". Their Ranger search only goes up to 2018. Buyer beware

Edit: Also all other pictures show a ROW Ranger Tremor. Only tat one photo shows what appears to be a US spec Ranger.
Just the fleabay vendor.

Wait, would they say something that may not be fully accurate just to make a sale? :LOL:

I'm not planning on trying them out, I was just curious if they would actually fit.

So looks like it's still an unknown.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
It says right at the bottom that they are "projector" headlights. Photos I've seen show projectors as well. Honda does have some reflector-style headlights for the CR-V and I've seen some on the Accord I believe. These are individual LED pods, kind of how the projectors on the Acuras are aligned. Those are purpose-built and much different than a single or even two reflector pods on the VLand unit.

The Morimotos will be pricey but they're DOT approved, well-made (I believe in the USA), and will give the look people want.
I agree. Morimotos are the way to go. Alpharex also seems to make a decent set but the LED tube is a bit much for my taste.

The Toyota website is wrong though.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
I put aftermarket LEDs in my XLT's reflector housing (along with new LEDs in the fog light housings) and they work great. Same exact beam pattern as the OEM halogens, but a nice brighter and whiter light. Makes visibility much improved. I love them. No one's complained about any excessive glare. Cut-off is at the proper height. Had them a year and a half now almost and they look great. Best part... $55 for a pair. After replacing high beams, low beams and fogs, the front of my truck looks great and I have much improved visibility for less than $200. Best purchase I've made for my Ranger so far (other than my AT tires maybe). Look much better and much safer. Who can ask for more?
Sponsored