Show me your leveled trucks on OEM wheels!

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4 Ingot Silver 301A
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
SVC collars, gained +2” each side.

CF9E0A33-D536-465D-90F6-D7EF6C8510EF.jpeg
Did it firm up your front end a bit as far as ride? Are you an inch higher in the rear now?

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Stock 2019 FX4 Lariat
Lift/level with Fox 2.0 and OEM wheel/tire
Lift/level with aftermarket wheel/tire.
Details in my build thread.

0C4729DB-6E7D-45F2-975A-EAE89B61A99C.jpeg

James Martincic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt, 2005 Saleen mustang, 2019 ram 2500
2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
3 inch level lift from fordrangerlifts.com
285 70 17 Blackbear M/T Tires
9x17 et 12 Husla Barreta Mags

IMG_20200117_164731.jpg

IMG_20200117_165302_389.jpg
Is that set up just a 3” front level kit from that website?
Look great man, any problems thus far with rubbing or anything?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really good Marc. How do you like the ride with the Fox kit? I really liked the way the RC kit raised and stiffened the front end up on mine.
Hey, Dave, yeah, I really like the ride with the Foxes, definitely more stable to drive, and I am loving the higher vantage point as well!

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
Did it firm up your front end a bit as far as ride? Are you an inch higher in the rear now?
I think it does feel better out front, including the steering which to me seemed notchy at low speed with the stock suspension/rake. I was just out cruising the local highways at 75-85 mph and it was nice and stable with as good as handling as you can expect from such a truck. On my Jeep the coil spacer budget boost seemed to give more room for tire but worse road manners. So I'm really liking these preload collars on the Ranger.

The rear stays the same, when lifting the front you are rotating the truck around the rear axle. In fact, tailgate load height dropped an inch an I believe.

One thing I'll say is the spring compression was a tough using DIY hook style compressors. I've used these with ease on my VWs but not here.... there is not alot of clearance between the ID of the spring and the boot/bump stop, it took a few times to get just enough compression with everything staying centered and not binding up. And with the preload collar in place they really need to be cranked down to be able to catch the first few threads to get the nut on. You will be at the point you think it's all going to explode in your face. If you have access to a shop compressor like a Branick or a local shop that can handle the springs I recommend going that route.

Aside from that, if the inner cv joint pulls out don't panic ... a little finesse with the rotating and shaking will get it back in.

Now, onto that bouncy rear end...

John Jenkins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Larait 4x4 Super Cab
Vehicle Showcase
54D8562B-0527-4318-861C-C8A602DE9897.png
I feel as if I’m a bit stiffer in the front but still a nice ride. Right now my truck sits a 1/2” higher in the rear. And I could have run next size up in tires(33”) with no issues

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
I think it does feel better out front, including the steering which to me seemed notchy at low speed with the stock suspension/rake. I was just out cruising the local highways at 75-85 mph and it was nice and stable with as good as handling as you can expect from such a truck. On my Jeep the coil spacer budget boost seemed to give more room for tire but worse road manners. So I'm really liking these preload collars on the Ranger.

The rear stays the same, when lifting the front you are rotating the truck around the rear axle. In fact, tailgate load height dropped an inch an I believe.

One thing I'll say is the spring compression was a tough using DIY hook style compressors. I've used these with ease on my VWs but not here.... there is not alot of clearance between the ID of the spring and the boot/bump stop, it took a few times to get just enough compression with everything staying centered and not binding up. And with the preload collar in place they really need to be cranked down to be able to catch the first few threads to get the nut on. You will be at the point you think it's all going to explode in your face. If you have access to a shop compressor like a Branick or a local shop that can handle the springs I recommend going that route.

Aside from that, if the inner cv joint pulls out don't panic ... a little finesse with the rotating and shaking will get it back in.

Now, onto that bouncy rear end...
Thanks for the review. By front and rear measurements I was referring to wheel well centerline to ground, usually about 3" higher in rear from factory, so assuming your are 1" higher in back now.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the review. By front and rear measurements I was referring to wheel well centerline to ground, usually about 3" higher in rear from factory, so assuming your are 1" higher in back now.
whoops sorry, I confuse easily! Yes now 1" higher in the rear ... front fender to ground will be in the range of 37" and the rear will be around 38".

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
whoops sorry, I confuse easily! Yes now 1" higher in the rear ... front fender to ground will be in the range of 37" and the rear will be around 38".
Thanks, torn between the Eibach shocks at 2.25" and these 2"collars for $100 less.
Sponsored