Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
These new rims are positive 34 offset with 275/70/17’s,,,no scrub, steers and turns like factory with the lift. I almost bought rims with positive 25 offset, and feel they would have turned and steered well, but I didn’t want them to stick out too far and sling more mud and debris up the side of the truck. I think the 34 offset looks good enough and fills out the fender flares
they do fill the fender flares well from that angle. I was thinking I would need something close to zero to accomplish that.
Sponsored

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
they do fill the fender flares well from that angle. I was thinking I would need something close to zero to accomplish that.
I used the tire/wheel calculator to check, and both 34 and 25 offset stayed under the truck. I think 0 offset would make them stick too far out. 25 had a little more scrub radius possibility so I played it safe at 34. Its too bad you can’t go somewhere and test fit rims. That would be ideal.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I used the tire/wheel calculator to check, and both 34 and 25 offset stayed under the truck. I think 0 offset would make them stick too far out. 25 had a little more scrub radius possibility so I played it safe at 34. Its too bad you can’t go somewhere and test fit rims. That would be ideal.
Yep, 0 offsets stick out too much IMO, looks like roller skates. It's frustrating though, because so many of the nice wheels only come in 0 offset. Luckily I found the +20 Fuels from Panda. Still waiting for them though...

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Yep, 0 offsets stick out too much IMO, looks like roller skates. It's frustrating though, because so many of the nice wheels only come in 0 offset. Luckily I found the +20 Fuels from Panda. Still waiting for them though...
Those fuels will look great. They might be just a tad outside the factory wheel well, but just enough to look tough without looking like a “roller rink refugee”

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Those fuels will look great. They might be just a tad outside the factory wheel well, but just enough to look tough without looking like a “roller rink refugee”
LOL well played. Yes I hope they turn out to look good. I didn't know the +20 offset was a preorder item when I pulled the trigger. They're apparently brand new so I won't have them until mid-April.

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
LOL well played. Yes I hope they turn out to look good. I didn't know the +20 offset was a preorder item when I pulled the trigger. They're apparently brand new so I won't have them until mid-April.
It’s always something isn’t it

TexasRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
What camper is that? What kinda weight and how does she pull with the ranger? Any pics of it hooked up?

Thanks,

Jake

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
ReadyLift SST 3” level/lift, BFG K02 275/70/17 tires on 17” Holeshot rims

D29518BA-5E6F-489B-B6AE-5286FBD15F4A.png
What's the tongue weight on the trailer, and how much did the back end drop. This is my one hesitation to leveling the front for bigger tires.

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
EB23F7BF-7DC2-4E00-ABEA-495D303DEEE3.jpeg
What camper is that? What kinda weight and how does she pull with the ranger? Any pics of it hooked up?

Thanks,

Jake
It’s an Outback Ultra-Lite by Keystone, a tad over 6,100 lbs dry. It pulled well. The truck never knew it was there except for cross winds and big truck pressure waves. I won’t be pulling it fast but I will pull it often.
The truck is hooked to it in that photo

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
What's the tongue weight on the trailer, and how much did the back end drop. This is my one hesitation to leveling the front for bigger tires.
It’s not a level, it’s the ReadyLift 3”SST lift. The back basically dropped to level, but I had a anti-sway leveling hitch for the RV. Gonna add airbags as soon as someone puts some on the market.
When I move the RV this weekend I will try and remember to take pics and measurements for ya’ll
Tongue weight is only 700 lbs

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not a level, it’s the ReadyLift 3”SST lift. The back basically dropped to level, but I had a anti-sway leveling hitch for the RV. Gonna add airbags as soon as someone puts some on the market.
When I move the RV this weekend I will try and remember to take pics and measurements for ya’ll
Tongue weight is only 700 lbs
I leveled my '05 F150, by using 4x4 shocks on my 2wd, but for towing I ended up having to add air bags. Not to sure I want to go down this road again. Don't get me wrong, it works....it just seems backwards.

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I leveled my '05 F150, by using 4x4 shocks on my 2wd, but for towing I ended up having to add air bags. Not to sure I want to go down this road again. Don't get me wrong, it works....it just seems backwards.
The airbags in this situation will be supplemental because the truck didn’t hardly squat at all. They are more for “bounce” when you hit a rough patch or a bridge seam that causes the truck/trailer combo to shift and bounce on the hinge point at the hitch. When that happens, it lightens the truck front end and increases the possibility of a sway starting due to slight mis-steering from the bounce.
I just want to take every precaution because or others on the road and because if the trailer is being towed, that means the wife is with me and I cant have anything stupid happen.
Sponsored