First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Sports Photographer
My dealer gave me a one time 10% discount on parts prior to delivery.

Ford/Fox 2.0 Level Kit $1355
Installation $360
Alignment $89

Level kit is cheaper online. They were scarce at the time and my dealer had one the next day. They got my business.
Now I am really wondering why I am being quoted $1120. $360 I would jump on that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cory1848

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sports Photographer
For those that had it done at the dealer how long did it take?
I just got a reply from the dealer and they are saying 6-7 hours which is why the labor charge is high. I was thinking 2-3 hours. Their break down is 3.5 front and 1.5 rear hours. Alignment included.
Is that right?

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just got a reply from the dealer and they are saying 6-7 hours which is why the labor charge is high. I was thinking 2-3 hours. Their break down is 3.5 front and 1.5 rear hours. Alignment included.
Is that right?
I got quoted here about 3-3.5 for the front at a shop rate of 85/hr. The shocks should be 0.5 hr. Alignment about $80.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
Is that right?
Even if they charge $100 an hour that’s still only $600-$700. I think these guys charge $90 and hour plus the alignment. I’d say it’s a 5 hour job tops. That gets me to the $525 quote.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
My Dealer charged me 3 hrs labor for the front struts R&R. I used my points from the purchase of the truck so out of pocket was $168. The local Goodyear dealer charged me $98 for the alignment. I did the rear shocks myself.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Is that right?
They told me initially "about 7 hours" I think it was done in 4. dropped it off at 7:30 am and had a phone call at noon saying they just needed to do the alignment...

Drove it to work today. The intersection that has two sharp opposing turns that I usually roll from side to side on, was nice and stable. Much better. Took a picture last night when I got home:

PXL_20201207_211325178.jpg

much better, but the tires look too small now

OP
OP
cory1848

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sports Photographer
They told me initially "about 7 hours" I think it was done in 4. dropped it off at 7:30 am and had a phone call at noon saying they just needed to do the alignment...

Drove it to work today. The intersection that has two sharp opposing turns that I usually roll from side to side on, was nice and stable. Much better. Took a picture last night when I got home:

PXL_20201207_211325178.jpg

much better, but the tires look too small now
Did they quote you based on 7 hours? I am planning on new tires but need this done first, so my tires wont look small for long... Thanks!

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did they quote you based on 7 hours? I am planning on new tires but need this done first, so my tires wont look small for long... Thanks!
Initially, yes, but they charged me for the time it took. I'm guessing I was the first one they did, too. Its not hard to do from the videos and the instructions, I lack a garage, tools, and the inclination to do it. Living in a condo has some benefits, but has some drawbacks, too.

Tires are next, but still have a lot of life on current ones. I don't think I'll change them out until I have to.

Anyone want some FX4 shocks and struts? only 9k miles on them.

OP
OP
cory1848

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sports Photographer
Guess I will be looking for another dealer....ugh, after emailing asking what their shop rate was...

The technician that is on this email, he is our performance technician. He specializes in lifted trucks and performance cars and trucks.

The shop rate for performance repairs/ modifications are $160 per hr.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,
I am looking at the Fox 2.0 kit from Ford Performance to replace stock equipment. Local dealer just quoted me $1400 for the kit, which I expected, plus $1120 in labor. $1120 in labor seems very steep for this job is it not? They also gave me the option of installing the Rough Country kit as an alternative to save cost ($600) but still the same labor. No mention of alignment either so I assume that is extra. They didnt itemize the labor so unsure how many hours they are billing for.

What are people getting for labor pricing? I could probably change the rears myself, but the front I wont touch. I am also concerned with warranty and keeping that intact, though the shop said that any modification Ford could deny the claim. It was my understanding that the Ford kit with Ford installation would keep the warranty intact. Is that not the case?

I was expecting in the $1800-$2000 range for this to be done. Am I out of line here?

Thanks!
No, you are not out of line. I bought the same kit from Ford Performance and had my local Ford dealer (where I bought the truck) do the install. I don't remember the exact price, but it was definitely in the 1,800-2,000.00 range, as you say, not over it, including, incidentally, the alignment and adjustment of headlights downward to match the lift to the front end, both of which were extra--but highly recommended. And yes, having a Ford dealer do the installation is a plus in terms of protecting the warranty if anything should go wrong down the line. But, there is a huge difference among Ford dealers depending on ownership, management, personnel, etc. We can't control for any of that, but we can definitively take our business elsewhere (to another Ford dealer). Keep shopping around, and good luck to you--you will love the kit once you get it installed!

WoofersInc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Sport 4x4
Occupation
Nurse
I’m in the same boat here. I bought the level kit but now the dealer is quoting me $1100 to do the install. Time to find a new dealer and start shopping for a better shop to do the work.

update. I called around and 4 Wheel parts will do it for $500 which includes alignment.

Last edited:

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
Oh boy, my kit will be here Thursday and haven't called around yet. As previously said I also live in a condo in Maine with no garage. Can't wait to feel the difference.

ThtDrnGuy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Real Estate Photographer
I paid $170 at a very good tire shop here in town. Had it done in about two hours.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oh boy, my kit will be here Thursday and haven't called around yet. As previously said I also live in a condo in Maine with no garage. Can't wait to feel the difference.
Try out Yankee ford in So Po.