Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered it the last week of October, but the paper from Ford says the order wasn't entered until November 10. I really don't under the reason for the delay.
If you can track the VIN on the Ford order tracking site, then it's a retail order. Those won't even begin production until OKTB has been achieved, hopefully sometime in January.
Sponsored

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
If you can track the VIN on the Ford order tracking site, then it's a retail order. Those won't even begin production until OKTB has been achieved, hopefully sometime in January.
Thanks for your response. Does OKTB refer to stock vehicles?

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your response. Does OKTB refer to stock vehicles?
"Ok to buy" is a point in the manufacturing process where they consistently build Rangers without problems. Only then will they start building/releasing for sale retail orders.

ChuckT

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Building Manager
Track your Ranger here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Sorted by order date. Updated 12/10/2019 @ 10:00 am PST.

Baby blue rows indicate that member has received their Ranger.

View attachment 26602
Update on build and delivery of 2020 Ford Ranger VIN 3591. Build date 12/5/2019. Anticipated delivery is 12 or 13 December. I received a call from my dealer that said my 2020 Ranger was in route from the factory and they anticipated delivery on either 12 or 13 December. I went over to the dealer and completed the paperwork today. I plan to lease the Ranger for 36 months, using the X plan and $500 rebate offered by Ford. Now the waiting is almost over. I just want to thank the folks on this website for helping me in a number of ways: in selecting the Ranger, helping with educating me on how to get the X-plan, and being a knowledgeable buyer.

Chuck

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations to @rdgallo for taking delivery of the first 2020 Ranger!

I added @caprtaineddie to the list.

I updated @ChuckT on the list.

ChuckT

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Building Manager
OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I took delivery of my 2020 Ford Ranger yesterday (12 December 2019). Now the fun begins.
Please post some pictures! We would love to feature your Ranger on the blog.

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
Congratulations to you @rdgallo ! Please update here with pics. I have only seen one online video from a dealer that had a 2020 so there's not many out there yet. I'm more excited than my wife who is the one that will be driving this mostly.

Update from salesman after asking this afternoon: I do have a retail order. He checked with the sales manager (who apparently does all the ordering, provides their team with weekly updates, and I guess only one that does tracking of orders) and said it has a scheduled to build date of 12/3 but does not have a VIN. I thought when you get a VIN that means it has a scheduled build date? He's checking on that but assuming that is accurate, he thinks it should be here by the year's end. I guess we will see.

If anyone can help tell if this means anything, my order sheet back in October shows a sales code number # F16223 and order code # 1234 (I kinda think that may be BS!) with priority code 19 which I read is normal/standard/not high priority.
I have not taken the pictures yet, but did want to comment on my truck now that it has a whopping 60 miles on it. I love the way it handles/rides. However, I have one issue already that I don't care for. I have the shutter/chatter (that others on here have reported) when accelerating from a complete stop and the shifting is harsh at times. I am going to just keep driving it awhile in hopes it straightens itself out. It is very annoying right now though. I will probably post this problem on the proper thread and take it from there.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I received notice that my Ranger arrived at the dealership today. This is ahead of the date posted on the tracking website but certainly no complaints from me. I have an appointment at 11:00am tomorrow to take delivery.

Last edited:

Mantis

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 Ford Edge SEL
I am scheduled to pick up my Ranger today. I am excited to close the loop and end the wait.

It was apparently delivered to my dealership on the 6th which was early for the schedule I had from the tracking site. I wasn't expecting it and didn't notice until morning of the 8th so I was too late to pick up on the 7th which would have been perfect. A busy week dictated I wait until today to take delivery.

Last edited:

ChuckT

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Building Manager
I took delivery of my 2020 Ford Ranger yesterday (12 December 2019). Now the fun begins.
Here are some pics of the new 2020 Race Red Ranger. The tonneau cover is an Extang 2.0 tri-fold which I bought as an aftermarket addition.
IMG_1538.jpeg
IMG_1540.jpeg
IMG_1542.jpg

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
It looks great in red! Did it come with 4 or 6 cargo tie downs? Funny how that’s one of the new model year concerns! :crackup:
Sponsored