Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
Picked my truck up today, it actually arrived at the dealer on Saturday 4 days ahead of schedule. I take back all my complaining, because it took longer than expected I got $3100 more off in additional rebates. The timing couldn't have been any better!

And damn this thing is nice...
Sponsored

Dredgerie

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Ranger Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Picked my truck up today, it actually arrived at the dealer on Saturday 4 days ahead of schedule. I take back all my complaining, because it took longer than expected I got $3100 more off in additional rebates. The timing couldn't have been any better!

And damn this thing is nice...
Did the online schedule get updated when it arrived, or did your dealer just call? Mine keeps changing days, but supposedly less than a week out...

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
Did the online schedule get updated when it arrived, or did your dealer just call? Mine keeps changing days, but supposedly less than a week out...
Funny story, I was sitting in a tree stand in Iowa in the early afternoon Saturday waiting for deer to start moving. They have my truck listed on the dealer website (which makes me nervous) so I keep checking it and that's how I found out they have $3100 more in rebates. So then I hit reload on the tracking website and it said congratulations your truck has been delivered! At that moment I wasn't thinking about deer so I immediately called the dealer to ask when I could pick it up which is how my salesman found out it was delivered too! So yes the tracker will update immediately. The day before it was still showing 5 days out so keep hitting reload.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Funny story, I was sitting in a tree stand in Iowa in the early afternoon Saturday waiting for deer to start moving. They have my truck listed on the dealer website (which makes me nervous) so I keep checking it and that's how I found out they have $3100 more in rebates. So then I hit reload on the tracking website and it said congratulations your truck has been delivered! At that moment I wasn't thinking about deer so I immediately called the dealer to ask when I could pick it up which is how my salesman found out it was delivered too! So yes the tracker will update immediately. The day before it was still showing 5 days out so keep hitting reload.
It was probably listed on the dealer website because it was a dealer stock order instead of a retail order.

DPhil

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Took delivery of my Ranger yesterday! I think I win the award for longest wait? Haha. Went to the dealership originally on May 3rd and placed my order. Long wait but seems to be worth it so far. Especially with $6100 worth of incentives! @Pioneer74 thank you again with the assistance of tracking and other informative knowledge!

20191126_173014.jpg

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
LOL... I am convinced that Ford hires meteorologists to predict the dates given on their tracking site
Latest information given on my 2020 SuperCab is that it was assembled Monday, Nov. 25 and is currently awaiting shipment,.so far so good.
The site also states that ETA to my dealer is Jan. 12, 2020 despite also stating that estimated transit time is 72 days.I'm assuming that transit time also includes time in which it waits around for whatever mode of transportation necessary at that point in time. This would place it's ETA to sometime in February...yes I know the latest dates are estimates.
"Hey Kimo, what we gonna say today? partly sunny or mostly sunny? . Kimo's response is " nah, we used that last week, we'll use partly cloudy and mostly cloudy this week".
BTW T-Wrecks, repeated refreshing of the tracking site only accomplishes my computer going into convulsions...lol
Jes remarking, that's all, it gets here when it gets here.
:rockon:

Dredgerie

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Pioneer74 would it be possible to check location and status of mine? It’s overdue today, but we’ve had some weather issues.
1FTER4FH5KLB24086

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
@Pioneer74 would it be possible to check location and status of mine? It’s overdue today, but we’ve had some weather issues.
1FTER4FH5KLB24086
Call your selling dealer. They get reports on the status every vehicle they have on order, from conformation of order to signing off once it's on the ground at the store, and everything in-between. For a more precise query, they may have to make a couple calls or emails, so put 'em to work. Dealers ar more insecure than ever about their ratings on Google, Dealer Rater, Edmund's etc.

Dredgerie

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Call your selling dealer. They get reports on the status every vehicle they have on order, from conformation of order to signing off once it's on the ground at the store, and everything in-between. For a more precise query, they may have to make a couple calls or emails, so put 'em to work. Dealers ar more insecure than ever about their ratings on Google, Dealer Rater, Edmund's etc.
I’ve actually stopped by my dealer three times and talked to three different people since I got the vin here. They aren’t the most forthcoming with information sadly. When I go in, each time they just pull up the same Ford tracking site on their computer and show that to me, saying that’s the only info they have. They don’t seem to understand that I have that I have access to that information without them...

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I’ve actually stopped by my dealer three times and talked to three different people since I got the vin here. They aren’t the most forthcoming with information sadly. When I go in, each time they just pull up the same Ford tracking site on their computer and show that to me, saying that’s the only info they have. They don’t seem to understand that I have that I have access to that information without them...
I guess it's up to you If you want to push further. I don't know how large your dealership is but I would think that no matter its size, they would want to know within a few days what the actual eta of their inbound vehicles is: lotta floorpan assistance (internal inventory financing) riding on sales. The salesperson thru the sales manager should be able to reach out to the district distribution center and find out when your vehicle is supposed to arrive there if it's not there already, and possibly expedite transport to get it to there dealership sooner, rather than wait until some of the dealer's other inbounds arrive from Mexico, India, Canada, etc to fill out the transporter semi.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess it's up to you If you want to push further. I don't know how large your dealership is but I would think that no matter its size, they would want to know within a few days what the actual eta of their inbound vehicles is: lotta floorpan assistance (internal inventory financing) riding on sales. The salesperson thru the sales manager should be able to reach out to the district distribution center and find out when your vehicle is supposed to arrive there if it's not there already, and possibly expedite transport to get it to there dealership sooner, rather than wait until some of the dealer's other inbounds arrive from Mexico, India, Canada, etc to fill out the transporter semi.
The internal Ford system has a LOT more detail in it than what is provided by the customer VIN tracking site. All dealers have access to it. I asked @Pioneer74 for a screenshot of mine so I could track its whole lifecycle including delivery and was surprised at how much detail it contained. If your dealer says the customer VIN tracking info is all they have they are either lying or mis-informed.

I used the data to construct this map showing its path from the factory to my dealer - and I only used SOME of the data points it had:

https://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/RWRangerFinalMap

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The internal Ford system has a LOT more detail in it than what is provided by the customer VIN tracking site. All dealers have access to it. I asked @Pioneer74 for a screenshot of mine so I could track its whole lifecycle including delivery and was surprised at how much detail it contained. If your dealer says the customer VIN tracking info is all they have they are either lying or mis-informed.

I used the data to construct this map showing its path from the factory to my dealer - and I only used SOME of the data points it had:

https://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/RWRangerFinalMap
Hi Rob,

Looks like it shipped from the mixing yards by rail, eh?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Testing
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rob,

Looks like it shipped from the mixing yards by rail, eh?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Testing
Ford Motor Co. Retired
They got it to the rail yard in Woodhaven somehow (maybe drove it since it had something like 28 miles on it when I got it). I was told that sometimes they drove the trucks rather than putting them on a car carrier. It waited a week for a train car and then started its journey. It was pretty slow until it got out into the Northern plains where the speed picked up quite a bit. It was interesting to see how it progressed.

I'm kind of a map geek.... :LOL:

Dredgerie

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Please take mine off the list. It arrived to the dealer with damage, so I’m looking at other options instead.
Sponsored