Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

fast40s

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2013 Explorer Limited, 2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2
Occupation
Engineer
My ETA has also changed three times but each change is less time so I can't complain. Oh course, my Ranger is not going across the pond.
My “In Production” date is 12-4-19 which does match the electronic window sticker’s blend date.

Late last night a “Dealer Delivery” date of Est. 12-29-19 appeared. I just checked again and the date has changed to Est. 12-26-19.

Edit: The “Awaiting Shipment” bullet has been “triggered”. I don’t recall if a date shows up for this step in the process.

Life is good.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
My ETA has also changed three times but each change is less time so I can't complain. Oh course, my Ranger is not going across the pond.
The ETA dates given on Ford's tracking site (in order) are 1/12, 2/20,1/20 and today 1/15, total transit time is estimated to be 72 days.
One of the X Plan's stipulations is that I must take delivery of the vehicle after a maximum of 5 days once the dealer receives it, does anyone know why?
A February ETA is more consistent with the 72 day estimate, at least I know it's enroute.
I am reasonably certain that I'll be the last person to receive my 2020 of all those who ordered in August because it must travel across the "pond"...lol.

fast40s

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2013 Explorer Limited, 2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2
Occupation
Engineer
Effective today, my Ranger is in transit with an estimated dealer delivery date moved up three days to Dec 23, 2019.

@Pioneer74 - Would you be willing to check the rail car reporting mark and number, and the railroad company doing the pulling? If so, thank you ahead of time for your kind service.

Life is still good.

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
@Pioneer74 can probably get it for you. As you've figured out, dealer stock trucks can't be tracked with the retail order website.

You'll need to ask you dealer or reply here for updates.

I just received a call from my dealer and my truck arrived today.....December 10.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just received a call from my dealer and my truck arrived today.....December 10.
Congrats!
Looks as though you will be the first "baby blue" on the list

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Congrats!
Looks as though you will be the first "baby blue" on the list
Thanks, Mokume. I haven't picked it up yet. Probably will be doing that some time tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations to you @rdgallo ! Please update here with pics. I have only seen one online video from a dealer that had a 2020 so there's not many out there yet. I'm more excited than my wife who is the one that will be driving this mostly.

Update from salesman after asking this afternoon: I do have a retail order. He checked with the sales manager (who apparently does all the ordering, provides their team with weekly updates, and I guess only one that does tracking of orders) and said it has a scheduled to build date of 12/3 but does not have a VIN. I thought when you get a VIN that means it has a scheduled build date? He's checking on that but assuming that is accurate, he thinks it should be here by the year's end. I guess we will see.

If anyone can help tell if this means anything, my order sheet back in October shows a sales code number # F16223 and order code # 1234 (I kinda think that may be BS!) with priority code 19 which I read is normal/standard/not high priority.

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Congratulations to you @rdgallo ! Please update here with pics. I have only seen one online video from a dealer that had a 2020 so there's not many out there yet. I'm more excited than my wife who is the one that will be driving this mostly.

Update from salesman after asking this afternoon: I do have a retail order. He checked with the sales manager (who apparently does all the ordering, provides their team with weekly updates, and I guess only one that does tracking of orders) and said it has a scheduled to build date of 12/3 but does not have a VIN. I thought when you get a VIN that means it has a scheduled build date? He's checking on that but assuming that is accurate, he thinks it should be here by the year's end. I guess we will see.

If anyone can help tell if this means anything, my order sheet back in October shows a sales code number # F16223 and order code # 1234 (I kinda think that may be BS!) with priority code 19 which I read is normal/standard/not high priority.

I talked to the dealer a little while ago and we are meeting at noon tomorrow for pick up of the truck. I will post some pictures soon. Thank you.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Can't help with the info on your order sheet, but I can tell you that my 2020 SuperCabs VIN was issued about 3 days before the blend (production) date of Nov 25 was made available.
I've learned that when Ford says "estimated" pertaining to dates given on their tracking site to believe it.
The delivery date has changed 3x, the latest date of January 15 has remained the same for a week now.
Total transit time is estimated to be 72 days because my build must travel almost 5K miles.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

My experience is that I received the VIN from the dealership about 2 weeks after ordering the Ranger. Once I had the VIN, I could follow what was happening on the "Ford Vehicle Order Tracking" website. About 6 weeks after getting the VIN the window sticker was available on the site which gave me a blend date of about 1 week later. A couple of days after the blend date, the website listed an estimated delivery date to the dealership.

Having the sales code number and order code number or any kind of priority code didn't help me at all; the important information was the VIN. Your mileage may vary. :crackup:

By the way, I just received an email from my dealership saying the truck was in California and should be there soon.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I have a VIN for my 2020 Ranger, but no actual build date. Is there a way to obtain this? All the tracking site says is that the order for the truck has been placed.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I have a VIN for my 2020 Ranger, but no actual build date. Is there a way to obtain this? All the tracking site says is that the order for the truck has been placed.
Paging @Pioneer74

What day did your order it?