Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

fast40s

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2013 Explorer Limited, 2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2
Occupation
Engineer
Just ordered a 2020 4x2 Lariat SuperCrew, 501A, Saber, Sport, E Lock Rear Diff, Trailer Tow, Stone/Black Interior, Priority Code 19

Base 4x2 SuperCrew went from $34,565 to $34,675 MSRP.

501A went from $1795 to $2005 MSRP. Looks like Ford felt demand for the 501A package was strong enough to support the $210 increase. There were no other option price increases.

I’m hoping for a March 1, 2020 delivery. Anyone want to establish odds on before / after?

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
Thanks for the information, Marc. I was scheduled to test drive one yesterday, but the weather was pretty bad here; so, am now on the schedule for tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.
I drove a Lariat crew cab FX4 today and was impressed with the power and the handling. I was impressed enough to order a new 2020 Lariat crew cab 4WD (not the FX4 as I don't off road). The dealer thought he would be able to put the order into the system in a few weeks and possibly have it by the end of the year.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I want to thank the members here as they were a great help to me deciding what would be my next vehicle and what trim/options to get. I ordered a 2020 Lariat SuperCrew 4x2 on September 17th. I choose the Magnetic paint, 501A equipment group, the trailer tow package, and the spray-in bed liner. After reading some of the posts here concerning the factory spray-in liner verses the aftermarket liner, I was concerned about the quality of the factory one but decided to go for it anyways.

I am on several forums for my Jeep Rubicon and have gained a lot of knowledge from them and I hope to do the same here for the Ranger.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I want to thank the members here as they were a great help to me deciding what would be my next vehicle and what trim/options to get. I ordered a 2020 Lariat SuperCrew 4x2 on September 17th. I choose the Magnetic paint, 501A equipment group, the trailer tow package, and the spray-in bed liner. After reading some of the posts here concerning the factory spray-in liner verses the aftermarket liner, I was concerned about the quality of the factory one but decided to go for it anyways.

I am on several forums for my Jeep Rubicon and have gained a lot of knowledge from them and I hope to do the same here for the Ranger.
Hi Radioman, or Kent..Im new here myself and have come for the same reasons, the knowledge you gain and the people you get to meet.
Welcome
Daniel

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
My salesperson just notified me that the 2020 Lariat SuperCrew 4x2 that I ordered on September 17th has been assigned a VIN. The last five digits are 04100. The salesperson said the vehicle was due to be built in late November which is sooner than I expected. Great news.

fast40s

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2013 Explorer Limited, 2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2
Occupation
Engineer
Likewise, my salesman, who I’ve done business with since 2007, just texted me with a VIN ending in LLA04777. He also said my build should occur the first week of December. I find the latter info difficult to believe considering @rangerdanger’s source indicated retail orders will not be included during the build week of December 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
Likewise, my salesman, who I’ve done business with since 2007, just texted me with a VIN ending in LLA04777. He also said my build should occur the first week of December. I find the latter info difficult to believe considering @rangerdanger’s source indicated retail orders will not be included during the build week of December 2.
Believe it.

Capture.JPG

Mantis

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 Ford Edge SEL
I ordered my truck on 8/24/19 and got an update from my salesman yesterday that the scheduled build date is 11/27/19. That would make my build date the earliest yet that I have seen. I am not sure if that is an accurate date or not. Once build is started how long before delivery usually?

My VIN#: A03156

I ordered a 2020 Lariat Supercrew 4X4 with:
Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
Ebony Interior
Equipment Group 501A
Trailer Tow Package
FX4 Off-road Package

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
Once build is started how long before delivery usually?
All depends on how far away you are from the assembly plant. When MAP was building the Focus, my special order was built on a Tuesday night and was at my dealer Wednesday morning, but it had to travel less than 30 miles on a truck.

Typically, look for it to be at least a week to 10 days. With the model year changeover, if Ford decides to Batch and Hold production, it could take longer the closer your build is to the changeover date.