Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The red with the black appearance package looks sharp - congratulations!
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nope! Now THAT is RED! Love it!:clap::like:
All you need is to attach a red light bar to the roof and you could pose as the fire chief!
Alas, county fire trucks here in Honolulu are painted yellow, back in the day there were red tho....

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I received notice that my Ranger arrived at the dealership today. This is ahead of the date posted on the tracking website but certainly no complaints from me. I have an appointment at 11:00am tomorrow to take delivery.
To wrap up the process, the vehicle was delivered to the dealership on December 13 and I took delivery of it today, December 14.

I want to again thank the people on this site that aided me in deciding what to order and for providing information that made this process enjoyable. Now, back to the owner's manual...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
To wrap up the process, the vehicle was delivered to the dealership on December 13 and I took delivery of it today, December 14.

I want to again thank the people on this site that aided me in deciding what to order and for providing information that made this process enjoyable. Now, back to the owner's manual...
Hi Kent,

Congrats on your Ranger and Kudos to read your owners manual!!! I had to signoff on the owners manual when I was the head of Ranger Vehicle Engineering and tried to make it perfect, knowing full well it would be unread by most purchasers. You will be miles ahead to understand the various aspects of your new Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi Kent,

Congrats on your Ranger and Kudos to read your owners manual!!! I had to signoff on the owners manual when I was the head of Ranger Vehicle Engineering and tried to make it perfect, knowing full well it would be unread by most purchasers. You will be miles ahead to understand the various aspects of your new Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Indeed, most new car owners do not read any manuals supplied with their new vehicles.
Case in point:
My Dad accused some poor valet of 'breaking' the steering wheel on his '73 Continental Mark IV, the wheel was tilted all the way down. Why the valet would need to tilt the wheel is beyond me, but a push on the turn signal lever and 'voila! steering wheel 'fixed'.
However, the members of this forum are true enthusiasts and are genuinely interested in the operation of their new truck.
I've glanced at the online version several times, but it is not the same as reading the manual that came with your very own truck.

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Despite me not able to have received my VIN yet, the salesman said our truck is in transit; apparently in Boston as of today. My wife was joking she wants the red Lexus bow on it (kiddingly!) to have for Christmas lol!

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally have our info and the truck is in transit. Last 4 of VIN is 0730. Blend date was 12/10. Estimated delivery date is 1/3/20. They said it was in Boston last night, so I would think assuming all is well, that we have it before Christmas!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am unfamiliar with how rail transit works, but why did your truck go to Boston, which is east of PA? I am assuming that you meant Boston, Massachusetts. Is Boston some kind of rail hub?
The truck originated in Wayne MI, traveled east (bypassing PA) on the way to Boston, then back west to your location.
I certainly hope that the ship originating from the west coast carrying my 2020 does not sail to Japan (bypassing Hawaii) then backtrack east to me.
Confused....:crazy:

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm as confused as you as it had to travel through the state to get to Boston area. My best guess is that they send to the furthest region rail based on the cars and destinations at the time. Maybe they're pushing them out and sending to some other rails and having trucked in from there dropping off vehicles as they come back.

I don't know lol! Pending weather, it should be to dealer by weekend.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm as confused as you as it had to travel through the state to get to Boston area. My best guess is that they send to the furthest region rail based on the cars and destinations at the time. Maybe they're pushing them out and sending to some other rails and having trucked in from there dropping off vehicles as they come back.

I don't know lol! Pending weather, it should be to dealer by weekend.
Just in time for Christmas, you must be very anxious.
Happy Holidays!

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Please reserve a row for me in the tracking table before it fills up. I ordered my Ranger today (12/17/2019). Hopefully I will have a VIN sometime in the near future.
Sponsored