Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I must say that all of you have a very astute understanding of the Monroeney, honestly I did not notice the other dates on it, Thanks!
Gotta love Ford's choice of the word "blend", at least they did not pick other terms such as beat, whip or puree such as my trusty Osterizer lists!
ETA for my 2020 SuperCab is January 12, 2020 according to the vehicle tracking site, just as I expected.
Strange though how Ford can give this date when the timeline bullet has not progressed to "In production" yet.
Oh well, it gets here when it gets here.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
ETA for my 2020 SuperCab is January 12, 2020 according to the vehicle tracking site, just as I expected.
Strange though how Ford can give this date when the timeline bullet has not progressed to "In production" yet.
Oh well, it gets here when it gets here.
If you want to double verify it has been built (maybe later in the week), you can fire up your FordPass app, plug in your VIN and see if you get a prompt to confirm on the truck console. (I forget exactly what it says, but it will tell you that the truck is alive and has been built). Just a note - if you do this, it might mess up your pairing when you get the truck. I did this, and ended up having to do a master reset on the Sync3 unit before I could pair my phone with it.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you want to double verify it has been built (maybe later in the week), you can fire up your FordPass app, plug in your VIN and see if you get a prompt to confirm on the truck console. (I forget exactly what it says, but it will tell you that the truck is alive and has been built). Just a note - if you do this, it might mess up your pairing when you get the truck. I did this, and ended up having to do a master reset on the Sync3 unit before I could pair my phone with it.
Thanks for the tip, I just may try it early next week.
Question though, is the SYNC3 master reset procedure outlined in the owner's manual?
Have a safe and "filling" Thanksgiving!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the tip, I just may try it early next week.
Question though, is the SYNC3 master reset procedure outlined in the owner's manual?
Have a safe and "filling" Thanksgiving!
It is - pretty simple - you navigate into settings and there is a "master reset" option.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
My truck was scheduled to be built today and sure enough the Order Tracking site posted a new window sticker dated 11/27/19. Additionally the site shows the truck "In Production 11-27-19" and now shows an ETA of dealer delivery on 12-22-19. I understand that the dealer delivery date is an estimate only but it could be a great Christmas present of the new truck.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My truck was scheduled to be built today and sure enough the Order Tracking site posted a new window sticker dated 11/27/19. Additionally the site shows the truck "In Production 11-27-19" and now shows an ETA of dealer delivery on 12-22-19. I understand that the dealer delivery date is an estimate only but it could be a great Christmas present of the new truck.
Gr8 news Radio, certainly hope that Santa does deliver it.
Care to share your window sticker with us?

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Gr8 news Radio, certainly hope that Santa does deliver it.
Care to share your window sticker with us?
Sure. I hope this works...
Edit: I was able to attach the file

Attachments

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sure. I hope this works...
Edit: I was able to attach the file
Gr8 build!
Santa's gonna have to upgrade to Ecoboost reindeer to get all those presents out in time...sure beats a lump of coal
:shock:

ChuckT

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Building Manager
Track your Ranger here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Sorted by order date. Updated 11/26/2019 @ 9:00 am PST.

Baby blue rows indicate that member has received their Ranger.

View attachment 25386
Good afternoon, I just received my VIN number (Last 4 digits 3591) from my dealership. They are suggesting that the build could still happen this month.

Ordered a 2020 Ford Ranger, SuperCrew FX4 4x4, Race Red in color with black trim package.

ChuckT

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome news Chuck. Hopefully that's a good sign that mine will be close behind. Mine was a dealer stock order.

I've been checking the 2020 Inventory (well window stickers showing they will be soon) in my area daily waiting to see if it pops up before my dealer tells me. I've noticed that most VIN's are in the 500's, 3000's, 5000's and 7000's with blend dates somewhat tied progressively later for each. From my last check this morning, the highest VIN in my 100 radius is 77XX.

Useless data, but after a week and change of daily checks, this is what I've seen. New Window Stickers seem to pop up every few days so maybe that's the site being delayed or just what is showing up in my region.

ChuckT

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Building Manager
Awesome news Chuck. Hopefully that's a good sign that mine will be close behind. Mine was a dealer stock order.

I've been checking the 2020 Inventory (well window stickers showing they will be soon) in my area daily waiting to see if it pops up before my dealer tells me. I've noticed that most VIN's are in the 500's, 3000's, 5000's and 7000's with blend dates somewhat tied progressively later for each. From my last check this morning, the highest VIN in my 100 radius is 77XX.

Useless data, but after a week and change of daily checks, this is what I've seen. New Window Stickers seem to pop up every few days so maybe that's the site being delayed or just what is showing up in my region.

Hi Dave,

I was just looking at the window sticker I printed out and here is some information for you. The Blend number is 6057 and it appears that the VIN was issued on 25 Nov 2019. The dealership I work with indicated that once all parts are available the VIN number and window sticker are issued. At least now I can follow the build on line using the Ford website.

Chuck

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I updated @Mokume on the list.
Kudos to Ford for offering the vehicle tracking site, but I do wish that the 411 provided would be more accurate.
ETA on my 2020 has changed 3X since this information has been made available.
I've already PM'd Pioneer 74 for assistance.
The sales manager at my dealer hasn't been much help at all in locating my 2020, for some reason I think for him to follow up on inquiries is akin to him undergoing hourly rectal exams...
:frown:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Kudos to Ford for offering the vehicle tracking site, but I do wish that the 411 provided would be more accurate.
ETA on my 2020 has changed 3X since this information has been made available.
My ETA has also changed three times but each change is less time so I can't complain. Of course, my Ranger is not going across the pond.
Sponsored

Last edited: